Door glass broken :(

clio broken glass.jpeg
So this happened last weekend. Having some trouble finding a replacement locally since there are so few of these cars.

Quick question, is this glass the same as any 3-door Mk3 Clio or even a 5-door one?
Or is the glass for the RS197 specific for the model?

Thanks in advance

You can't use the one of a 5-door because it has different dimensions.

You can check what turns up under this search here.

http://www.catcar.info/renault/?lan...JSUkifXx8bm9wcnM9PTEzODV8fGJyYW5kPT1SZW5hdWx0

For the 3-doors it always seems to be part number 8200427625 and from what I can see this indeed seems to be a right door window for a 3-door Clio 3. If it's the correct one and fits an RS I don't know and there could be differences for manual/auto lifters and in the tint (colour), too. So, I'd double check what to get.

The part number for that window of the Cup/R3 versions is 7711160388 and seems to be a lot cheaper. I don't know if it'll actually fit but it seems to be also made out of glass a least.

4KzWiuC.jpg

:wink:

You can't use the one of a 5-door because it has different dimensions.

You can check what turns up under this search here.

http://www.catcar.info/renault/?lan...JSUkifXx8bm9wcnM9PTEzODV8fGJyYW5kPT1SZW5hdWx0

For the 3-doors it always seems to be part number 8200427625 and from what I can see this indeed seems to be a right door window for a 3-door Clio 3. If it's the correct one and fits an RS I don't know and there could be differences for manual/auto lifters and in the tint (colour), too. So, I'd double check what to get.

The part number for that window of the Cup/R3 versions is 7711160388 and seems to be a lot cheaper. I don't know if it'll actually fit but it seems to be also made out of glass a least.

View attachment 123731

:wink:

Thanks so very much for this great information.

As I expected, there is no available replacement in my country so the suppliers have to order in at a high price!

I've seen some candidates on ebay so will use the part number you gave to check.

Thanks again.

If the glass has not fallen in then it must be laminated I don't think a standard window is laminated and there is normally the question of tint none, bronze or green.
try this site
http://www.catcar.info/renault/?lang=en&l=c3Q9PTIwfHxzdHM9PXsiMTAiOiJNb2RlbCIsIjIwIjoiQ2xpbyBJSUkifXx8bm9wcnM9PTEzODV8fGJyYW5kPT1SZW5hdWx0fHxub3ByPT0xMzg1fHx0eXBlPT1DUjBOfHxjYXRfaWQ9PU18fGltZz09fHxncnBfaWQ9PTMzfHxzdWJHcnBfaWQ9PTMxQg==
I think its the same as above post
Thanks! My glass looks slightly green. At this point, I don't mind the colour as long as it fits the door.

No glass was available in the country so I tried my luck on eBay UK. First few sellers were hesitant to send glass 11000km to me but some had global shipping service available so I tried my luck.
Bought one from a seller in Omagh, glass was 32 pounds but postage 50. The glass arrived intact in only 9 days so was very happy.
Fitted it myself last night, was quite easy with YouTube tutorials.

By the way I bought glass from a 3-door mk3 1.6L model and it fitted perfectly. Thanks everyone for the help.IMG-20180514-WA0024.jpeg IMG-20180514-WA0024.jpeg IMG-20180514-WA0022.jpeg IMG-20180514-WA0053.jpeg