Dont know what to do.

Bought a KTR exhaust off someone on the renaultsport.uk forum. He advertised it as a KTR exhaust with Sports cat.

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/forum/Forum_postst71218/KTR-Exhaust/Default.aspx

(hope the link works)

Before leaving i text him to check that the exhaust i was purchasing was a KTR exhaust with Sports Cat. He replied with "thats the one mate".

He met me at a service station on the M4. He had the exhaust in a box full of bubble wrap (exhaust was new). I said to him, just want have a quick look to check its all there.

He pointed to bits in the box.."theres the centre section, sports cat, joining pipe and backbox". He seemed like a pritty genuine guy, who obviously loved his cars..so i didnt want to be patronizing and ask him to get each part out.

I handed over the cash, we loaded the box into the back of my car and went our separate ways.

On the way back i stopped in the services for a drink, decided to have a quick look through the box to see if i needed to buy any clamps as i didnt previously ask.

Turns out that there was no sports cat in the box. I rang him and he has tried all sorts claiming that the centre section of the exhaust is the cat etc (which is pritty stupid as i am a motorsport engineer student and i know what a cat looks like).

He told me the standard system needed to be cut, to which i replied "its a cat back system then". He seemed quite confused and send me a copy of the invoice (with the address blanked out).

The invoice clearly states that there is a sports cat, centre section and rear section which was purchased.

Now i have paid more than retail price for the exhaust. Obviously i feel like he has pulled my pants down.

Yes i know, i should have asked him to take each part out of the box. But i have always been brought up to have a certain amount of decency/trust when doing business. (wont make that mistake again)

Since the copy of the invoice was sent, i have tried calling a number of times with no answer.

I have proof of an invoice, advertisement, cash withdrawn from the bank, text messages confirming the goods, and pictures of the box (before being removed from my car) with no sports cat.

Is there anything i can do about this?

Don't want the keyboard warriors giving abuse, just looking for some genuine advise.

(i have the number plate of his car aswell) CL10 OOH (red clio 200)

Thanks

Contact the mods on rensport.
It's their forum and have certain amount of obligation to make sure that members on their site are not scamming people.

Whats his username on there?

it isnt a "regular"

but it does say "sports cat" and the links all show it

wouldnt like to say how you could sort this - its like your word against his

you should always check what you buy

i spent an hour checking the 18 wheels i bought after travelling to the rondha valley to get them

i do hope you get something sorted as on the evidence you have supplied you have been duped !

the k tec system is in 3 sections, back box, axle bend and middle section, thats without the sports cat, so you should have 4 parts all together.

Similar Thread Suggestions