Don't believe it

I have had an alcantara wheel for some time now and it is great, circa 10k miles and 5 track days and there is no bobbling.

Well that's good news as comments I found on net had put me off going with alcantara, was that a re-trim or new wheel?

Dont understand it myself Giles the car is used everyday a d when it's hot it is covered with a micro fiber towel.very frustrating

I reckon it's the sub standard glue they've used. As a test was going to go out and use a hair dryer on wheel get it very hot then see if cover starts to move around.

Also will be calling RUK tomorrow didn't have the time today as I had an assignment to finish and submit.

Just to let you know, ive had this problem and renault uk have payed 50% of the costs so they do try for you i suppose and my cars 4 and a half year old

Matt

Well I got round to contacting them today about this and awaiting their response, so hopefully from what you've just said they may help out.

has anyone tried the leather renovation stuff?

my steering wheel wrinkled the paint on the quarter to three, meaning the hole punched area, I tore some of the paint off on one side already...

this stuff anyway works fine on leather seats and should work well enough on a steering wheel, if its half the price of buying a new one though makes little sense doesnt it, but worth checking out at some companies that make leather new again, its a 50 quid shopping of some german stuff they use, but that woud do about 10 steering wheels and cant imagine it being more than 1 hour of work...

Surrey Paul your original leather wrap came loose??? or was it an aftermarket cover you are using?

has anyone tried the leather renovation stuff?

my steering wheel wrinkled the paint on the quarter to three, meaning the hole punched area, I tore some of the paint off on one side already...

this stuff anyway works fine on leather seats and should work well enough on a steering wheel, if its half the price of buying a new one though makes little sense doesnt it, but worth checking out at some companies that make leather new again, its a 50 quid shopping of some german stuff they use, but that woud do about 10 steering wheels and cant imagine it being more than 1 hour of work...

Surrey Paul your original leather wrap came loose??? or was it an aftermarket cover you are using?

Not going to help me I'm afraid as it's not an issue of the synthetic leather going old but it's coming detached from the wheel, assuming when it get hot from being in the sun, so when you go to turn the wheel the surface moves but the wheel doesn't and when it then moves it wrinkles up and sticks to itself, very very odd

did you get an acknowledgement from them with ref. number or still waiting from initial contact

I don't expect things to be fast, nothing ever is these days :thumbdown:

Still waiting mate soooooo slow it was like this the first time I had it done 18 months ago

Ren uk have emailed me back today and told me give them a ring or give them my number.they go on to say they agree with me that it shouldn't have happened again they have checked when I had it exchanged and are willing to help with replacing the wheel once it's been inspected.they also say it is not a fault that they are aware of (PMSL) and they don't like the fact that I may never buy a Renault again.I await the phone call on monday

I love the bit it's not a fault their aware of, seeing how many people have had their wheels exchanged under warranty, in this day and age you would expect a manufacturer to have a database containing complaints/faults logged.

Would you mind PMing me your case number, so if I get the guy dealing with mine saying they've not heard about this problem I can then give him that and being recent should still be on their system.

Yep no probs printed it of I will pm you in a while just charging my self up at the moment lol