dodo juice

iAndy

Platinum Member
Got a Racing Blue Clio and thought I would try out some of the dodo range, so....

Born to be mild shampoo, Lime Prime Pre Wax Cleanser, Born Slippery & Clay Bars & Rain forest Rub, then got some Need for speed as a top up wax. Anybody had any previous attempts with these? Or know anything else i will need to get her looking better than when I collected her as I was really disappointed at the dealer attempt pre handover, for a brand new car she wasn't in a gleaming state and had several swirls and mucky bits.

Got a Racing Blue Clio and thought I would try out some of the dodo range, so....

Born to be mild shampoo, Lime Prime Pre Wax Cleanser, Born Slippery & Clay Bars & Rain forest Rub, then got some Need for speed as a top up wax. Anybody had any previous attempts with these? Or know anything else i will need to get her looking better than when I collected her as I was really disappointed at the dealer attempt pre handover, for a brand new car she wasn't in a gleaming state and had several swirls and mucky bits.

I swear by Dodo juice, you could try "double touch" ultra absorbent drying towel, "fantastic fur" premium buffing towel (unbelievably soft).

It you want the swirls gone the lime prime is great for covering them up :smile: however a rotary machine polisher will get rid of them for good.

Yeah dodo juice is one of the best out there. I use born to be mild and purple haze for my black clio. Both products are brilliant!

I had a dodo juice clay bar and did'nt like it, seemed too hard and left marks on a dark blue car i had to polish out.

Dodo Juice has always been a let down, in terms of the quality of its products. I tend to find, especially on DW, that it's bought based on it's brand name more than anything.

I used to use snowfoam, but I found it didn't have a lot of 'cut' in terms of eating through the preliminary layer of grime. Nowadays I use Meguairs Hyperwash with APC (1:1 ratio), well diluted in a CYC Snowfoam lance - this gives great 'cling' and eats through the dirt nicely.

A couple of photos to show you that it's not just 'Snowfoam' that works :

IMAG1981.gif

IMAG1982.gif

Dodo Juice has always been a let down, in terms of the quality of its products. I tend to find, especially on DW, that it's bought based on it's brand name more than anything.

I used to use snowfoam, but I found it didn't have a lot of 'cut' in terms of eating through the preliminary layer of grime. Nowadays I use Meguairs Hyperwash with APC (1:1 ratio), well diluted in a CYC Snowfoam lance - this gives great 'cling' and eats through the dirt nicely.

IMAG1981.gif

IMAG1982.gif

Listen to this man, great minds think alike.

I picked up some Swissvax snow foam at the weekend, very impressed with it. Now my car was pretty clean before I went to it, but I was surprised at how well it took off some of the more stubborn bits like bug splats.

I've heard lots of mixed reviews of Dodo Juice, so I bought a tester pot of Purple Haze to see what I thought of it. Not gotten a chance to use it yet. Probs give it a couple of coats before FCS and see what I think.

IMAG1981.gif

IMAG1982.gif

Saying that all Dodo Juice products are poor quality is just ridiculous. They are made from incredibly high quality ingredients, and the amount of research, technical knowledge and passion that goes into the design of each product is unbelievable.

I don't understand the theory that people just buy into the name of any company. Surely they are doing that because the reputation of the brand is so good in the first place. Why else would they buy into it and and then keep going back for more?!

I use a lot of dodo juice but for polish I prefer werkstatt acrylic prime strong, I've also used purple haze a fair bit but tbh I think from now on I'm just going to buy red mist tropical it's great! Basics of bling detailed is great on all plastics (in and out) the paintwork and any vinyl wrapped parts, they do make some great products and yeah some products out there beat them but you get a lot of bang for your buck but just feel like everything else there's too many specific products what one product can do I.e purple haze then need for speed to top up and that drying thing they do... Red mist does all tbh ...

All dodo juice has arrived and smells mmmmm, depending on work commitments.... sunday will either be a day of cleaning car or will be a run down to wales for the memorial run, just depends on if I end up working sunday morning :worried:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Smorgan7 Detailing 1
T Gallery 11
DrDx Detailing 5
M88KE C Detailing 11
H Detailing 21