Do i need a remap after having an after market exhaust fitted

hi guys for a few months i have been looking at getting a new exhaust system for the 200 im not going to remove the cat removed from the car it would be from the centre section backwards i was looking at saving up for a arkapovic
system but what i wanted to know was do i have to have my car re mapped or will it be ok as standard
thanks Terry

thats what i heard but cant confirm as i dont own one..
with any other system you will get a flat spot which will annoy you..

Well I've had my scorpion system on for a few weeks now and there is no flat spot whatsoever but I never had one in the first place either. I'm going to get it remapped anyway for more va va voom, may aswell :wink:

thats good..the k-tec did give me one...well the noise makes up for it :thumbup:

I'm like [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION], the k-tec initially didn't give me a flat spot but over the space of about a week it developed one and eventually I chose to go for the remap. It want just to get rid of the flat spot, it was to get the best out of what I'd put together for the car.

At the end of the day its all down to budget. You can buy a system, get a remap and still have change for what an Akra would cost you.

No matter what which of those options you go for, you wont be disappointed.

I'm like @Pav, the k-tec initially didn't give me a flat spot but over the space of about a week it developed one

same here..didnt notice one till about 2 weeks later...
as Jmax stated above..a remap will get the max out of your car after upgrades..

If you get the Akra Evo system you lose the cat - what happens at MOT?

Also the Akra Slip On system keeps the cat, doesn't it?