Disconnected the battery......

Actually you do get an ESP light when you disconnect the battery, just turn the steering wheel lock to lock or drive the car. It'll re set the ESP error

yeap, it usually stays on for several seconds after disconnecting the battery. Did you drive the car at all after putting everything back together?

I took it from an mot duno why they disconnected it, but from then ive had a load of faults. Ill try that now.

I'd be taking it straight back to the MOT place and asking them a) to sort the problem & b) why they disconnected the battery.

My bf helped Ryan1992 at the weekend to fit headlight bulbs and had to remove the battery to get ur hands on the back off the headlight and when we put the battery back in he had a ESP fault but read up on it u only need to drive the car for it to turn up which was good :smile:

probably f****d something up and tried the old disconnect battery to reset trick.

My bf helped Ryan1992 at the weekend to fit headlight bulbs and had to remove the battery to get ur hands on the back off the headlight and when we put the battery back in he had a ESP fault but read up on it u only need to drive the car for it to turn up which was good :smile:

Yup just driving made the fault go. As said before it needed to reset itselfs

Yup just driving made the fault go. As said before it needed to reset itselfs

As far as I can tell from the op's posts, he has driven it since.

I'd still be taking it back, did they not explain why they disconnected the battery?

I took it back yesterday, didn't have a proper answer as to why they disconnected it.

The brake lights were on the same time as the main lights, dont know why but the two back brake light bulbs were different that's sorted now.

They also plugged that computer thing in and reset everything and no faults were found. Ive drove it 20 miles now and not one light has re appeared fingers crossed!!

I took it back yesterday, didn't have a proper answer as to why they disconnected it.

The brake lights were on the same time as the main lights, dont know why but the two back brake light bulbs were different that's sorted now.

They also plugged that computer thing in and reset everything and no faults were found. Ive drove it 20 miles now and not one light has re appeared fingers crossed!!

sounds like they fitted the WRONG brake light bulb - fitted a twin contact in a single contact holder by any chance......:whatever: