Disabling ESP/ASR - for track days?

I've been doing some reading on the AO48's and some people have had some trouble getting some heat into them on UK tracks. Can't see that being a problem at the ring.

I haven't used these semi slick tyres on track yet, cold pressures I'm stating above, for the road.

Ill drop them right down on track.

looking at what pressures you've stated, do you like to promote oversteer? I run the back lower, any tips would be great :smile:

Ive brought them up a little more now the cold weather is here, I don't like high pressure in the tyres though, I'm going to drop them back down, the steering wheel is too sensitive and light feeling

[MENTION=4920]Gam[/MENTION], you will be fine, we can adjust your pressures accordingly.
[MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION], good shout with lowering the pressures for track, those you quote as cold could be up as high at 38psi on the fronts after a spirited lap of the ring, which could make them feel a bit greasy and slippy, which is why its always worth checking them.

im not so keen on promoting oversteer atall, but those pressures cold for me can be sitting bang on 28/29psi when coming in, and 888's do get up to heat quite quickly, so id imagine they are near enough on that after the first couple of mild corners where you turn right across the front of the grandstand.
and that's cold cold pressures, as in left over night or been parked up a couple of hours.

you could do a lap and come in with them on 28psi, only leave it sat for 20 mins and they will still be up around 25/26psi, so they then come up to temp so much quicker anyhow.

That's good to know I can run them that low to start off :smile:

cheers buddy. Think I'll drop them to around 24/26'ish for the road, cold, and lower for track then :smile:

I will have foot pumps and tyre gauges with me anyhow, so there will be no reason for anyone to be stumped.

(im working on the basis that I am still going to be able to get out there for a couple of days!)

Just bought a 2008 197 Clio Cup.

It has a switch to disable the ESP/ASR, but reading the owners manual it states:

"This function is reactivated automatically when a speed of 30mph/50kmh is reached". It goes on to say that "It is impossible to deselect this function when travelling above a threshold of approximately 30mph/50kmh".

In all my previous cars you could turn off traction control aids and they wouldn't get reactivated until you switched the ignition off, or stopped.

Is it possible to override this somehow, as I can imagine having ESP/ASR on all the time will dampen the track driving experience?

If you are worried then hold it down for around 5 seconds, it will not deactivate until you turn the engine off even if you try engage it again.

Meg will 100% be in sport mode (always is) but dont think ill disable everything for the ring (holding sport button down) - yet to even try that on the roads :smiley:

But yeah same as above RE: clio - when i had mine, it never came back on

You want it in linea mate

If you are worried then hold it down for around 5 seconds, it will not deactivate until you turn the engine off even if you try engage it again.

You want it in linea mate 

How come? in sport its set to extreme and ive left it at that. Like how sensitive it is and am used to that.

On track you can't balance the throttle enough as it's too well extreme, take paddock hill at brands.

Press and hold the TC button in the clio and when the dash light goes off it is locked off until vehicle is restarted. Do this in the meg 250 and it will allow you to switch it back on without having to stop the engine.

On track you can't balance the throttle enough as it's too well extreme, take paddock hill at brands.

May have to test it and see what its like, never driven the car on anything other than sport (extreme). Only time it goes into normal mode is if cruise control is on

I'm not saying you can't drive it on extreme on track, don't get me wrong but some bends such as that means you can't get on the power early or you will loose the back end.

On paddock hill you need to wait to feel the Gs kick in before fully planting it.

With extreme you are on or off the power and in a bend like that it starts to kangaroo like a Clio and unbalances the car meaning your not in the throttle as soon as you could have been.

That's good to know I can run them that low to start off :smile:

cheers buddy. Think I'll drop them to around 24/26'ish for the road, cold, and lower for track then :smile:

Id keep standard pressures for the road. Your only running road tyres you say, they will feel aweful! On track your gonna want about 28psi hot!

I'm not running road tyres, I use the semi slicks all year round
[MENTION=193]MikeLYR27[/MENTION]

I tried a few settings in my Meg in the wet at brands - best option was linear, with everything off. For some reason when it was in sport mode, as soon as the back went a little loose, the t/c turned itself back on, screwing me over the next corner as I didn't realise it had turned back on!