Dirty Decals / Fading Bits

chapperzuk

Gold Member
The F1 decals on my R27 seem to be a bit stained, especially the roof ones. Is there any products or cleaning methods that would sort this out?

Also, the cup spoiler end plates are starting to fade a bit, as is the door strip. Is there a way to restore these? Thanks in advance :smile:

There's a guide in the how to detailing vinyl wrapping the pillar - that could be an option...? Mine were fading so I masked up the windows/paintwork and went over them carefully with a black spray paint. There were a couple of 'oh sh*t' moments where the paint was heavier in certain places but a quick clean up using a very fine sand paper/rubbing block sorted that out.

I've always used Autoglym Bumper Care on the R27 vinyls, it takes some doing but I can usually get them to clean up well. Only lasts a month or 2 though (especially at this time of year!)

I gave up on that mate, I tried the lot but as Chris said the stains always come back. Don't bother anymore..

I'm at the point where mine need cleaning every week, the roof isn't an issue but the sides/front/back are constantly stained. I'll be removing mine in the spring, not worth the hastle they seem to cause.

I find the stains only appear when my car has a fresh layer of wax on it - could this be your problem?

Yeah I have this a lot on the F1 decals - like a white staining perhaps from the water. It's most obvious after a wash.
Strange, but wax does reduce it significantly - rub it on liberally.

I'm at the point where mine need cleaning every week, the roof isn't an issue but the sides/front/back are constantly stained. I'll be removing mine in the spring, not worth the hastle they seem to cause.
I often think of doing this, but I worry it might de-value the car, as the decals perhaps 'make' the F1. The decals are always a point of contention - to remove or not to remove.