Dirt won't shift!

MikeLYR27

Supercharged Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I've not cleaned my 182 for about 4 months, gone to clean it today and the dirt underneath just won't shift! Really just stuck on!! Any ideas what ti use? Iron x or something? Cheers

There on a weeks holiday mike, thought I'd try and do something myself for a change, look how far it's got me lol :S

Ill try that angel, thanks

Last edited:
You'll have to use a bucket and water mate. Flicking it gayly with your hanky won't work

:rofl:

What do you mean dirt Mike? If its just general muck you'll need to soak it with some snow foam/fairly thick solution of (PH Neutral) car shampoo first.

Give it a soak with the hose pipe first too, that'll help soften it. Then two buckets and a wash mitt with a helping of elbow grease.

If its little specks then its likely to be either fallout (Iron-X will shift it) or Tar (Tax-X, Tar spot remover will shift that)

Or you could give 'TRIX' a go, which is Tar-x and Iron-x in one bottle.

Always wash it again after using anything strong like Iron-X and don't leave it to dry on your paint.

It's almost like a dirt 'film' rob. I don't have any snow foam :worried: anyone wanna come over with some?? Lol!! It will take some elbow grease, never had a car so dirty! And my front alloys are ****ed!!! Sprayed loads of wonder wheels on and it didn't budge at all lol!! I'm ashamed of myself, think its gonna have to be treated to some serious tlc, all wheels refurbed and machine polish!! Any one wanna help lol?!

Fetch it up Sheffield bud and I'll lend you some cleaning stuff :smiley:

I wouldn't touch my wheels with Wonder Wheels pretty nasty stuff from what I've heard. You can pick up a litre of Bilberry for £9.

You don't need snow foam though really, just rinse (watering can or hose pipe), then a couple of buckets of warm/hot water with a decent shampoo and mitt. And get your back in to it and stop pissing and moaning :wink:

Or give this a whirl...
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/carpro-iron-x-snow-soap/prod_1060.html

If your gonna bust your balls cleaning it, get some half decent wax on it and it wont be this hard next time bud. If your lazy (like I am this time of year) you can get some pretty hard waxes that last months and months (one application of Collinite gets me right through late Autumn/Winter)

Haha your a to55er rob :tongueout: lol!

Yeah need to sit at home and give at a proper going over! I only tried today at work with a jet wash and some halfords own wash and there mitt, hopefully some of my stuff at home should make it an easier job.....if not im coming to yours lol!
I did put colnite on but think the last layer i put on was july haha!

:cloud9:

Your welcome round anytime dude. Although I can't guarantee your car won't be sh!tted up by the time you've driven it home again :smiley:

No pics. When I got home I just soaked the ****er in IRON X brand new now! Wish I did take I pic, the whole car came up purple from it!! Never seen anything like it!!! The snow around the car was purple as well lol!! Looks good as new now, gonna wait till its a bit warmer then do it again and put a couple layers of wax on. Never seen dirt so caked on in all my life I was amazed!!