Detailing help please

Hi peopel a few people at work have asked me would i be intrested in cleaning there car as they saw mine when it was clean.

What do people use and for what prosecces i have a rough idea what i need but do i need all of this stuff-
http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10498

Also what sorta hover would be good as one of them that ask has a dog cleaning service so its proberly full of dogs

j

J,

you can have a look at my thread here: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=206367

Baically my process is inside first, using an APC and detail brush or MF towel on the inside (plastics/pedals etc). Hoover i just use my household dyson but ive heard a henry is the best hoover to do it on a day to day basis. Windows i use AG glass polish on both inside and out. Then if the seats need doing i use a stain remover and finish off with a spray of fabreeze.

The outside i use a pressure washer.
First off i rinse the car
then i snow foam it, whilst foam is doing its job i use another detail brush to do the badges/sills/grills etc.
Then i use bilberry wheel cleaner on the wheels and a wheel brush, wheel arches with de greaser and wheel cleaner.
I then rinse the car down again and go round with a bug and tar rmover spraying on the lower part of the car, rinse it off then onto washing it with a shampoo and the two bucket method using a sheep skin wash mitt.
I then rinse again then i clay the car using plenty of lube drying as i go.
Then its onto the polish, i use AG super resin polish, as i do it by hand, once polish is on and buffed off i move onto the wax, i use Collinite 476s, once wax is done then i do the windows with the AG glass polish and then tyre shine the tyres

I know its a bit long winded but thts for a proper detail of a car, u can miss parts of it out and just go for a basic wash, hoover and wipe. You can also do the engine bay aswell.

I have the following equipment:
Pressure washer
Snow foam lance
Snow foam
2 buckets
sheep skin wash mitt
MF drying towel
Numerous MF cloths
Numerous detailing brushes
Various wheel brushes
Foam applicators
MF applicators
Masking tape
Bilberry wheel cleaner
Bug & tar remover
De-greaser
Shampoo
APC
Clay lube
Clay
AG super resign polish
Collinite 476s wax
303 aerospace protectant
Tyre shine
AG Glass polish

I think thats it haha

Removing pet hair is an absolute bitch of a job, meguiars make a pet hair brush that helps but it won't remove everything

Similar Thread Suggestions