Detail Jaguar E-Type

Gave detail Jaguar E-Type today, it was for 50th anniversary E-Type and this was ready for do some photoshot for in magazine and news. The car is 1967 - V8 engine and only done 35k!

Here some pics I took when I was detail and sorry for not take much pics/poor pics - it was taken by my phone.

Before
Image095.gif

Cleaning the wheels with TFR & brush get the black dirts off
Image093.gif

Wash the car careful cos paintwork is over 44 year old.
Image098.gif

I dry the car off with soft cloths then I polish/wax on the car - (no pics for that)

And I clean inside but didn't take pics anythings inside too! I keep forget my camera lol

Finish and I put tyres dressing.

Image102.gif

Image103.gif

Thanks for looking :smile:

Next detail - coming soon :wink:

Last edited:
You sure it wasn't a V12, rather than a V8?

Lovely looking car though, quite a treat to work on something like that I bet!

looks like a 4.2 with the 6cylinder - series 1 if its a 67 car

other engine is the 5.3 v12 - but i think these have a bigger front radiator inlet - and v12 badges on - and were only available later on

Last edited:
looks like a 4.2 with the 6cylinder - series 1 if its a 67 car

other engine is the 5.3 v12 - but i think these have a bigger front radiator inlet - and v12 badges on - and were only available later on

yes it 4.2 with the 6cylinder, I check it today :smile:

yeah the 5.3 v12 was the series 3. they are gorgeous cars, and so ahead of their time. miles nicer to drive than a db4 or 5, yet the astons are fetching silly money!!

That's a series 2, personally I prefer the faired in look and smaller indicators of the series 1. Gorgeous nonetheless!

thought the series 2 came out very late 60's.....or is it one of those series 1-1/2 jobbies???

Last edited:
Just dashing out, but IIRC
S1 - Faired in headlamps, flush grille, small indicators / side lights / tail lights
S2 - Exposed headlamps, flush grille, larger indicators / side lights / tail lights
S3 - Exposed headlamps, prominent grille, larger indicators / side lights / tail lights

that's a series 3.
and peter jarvis is a notorious rip off merchant... lol.

here's a pic of my dads, just sold it about 6 months ago. it was absolutely stunning, in every single way, 22k i think it had on it when it went.

079016KeithEType-F.jpg