Decat pipe vs Sport Cat

Decat is louder but will probably make your flat spot worse. Tbh, for the price difference, you can almost afford a decat AND remap for the same price as the sports cat.

As above decat and remap, sound much better and hopefully a little more bhp. Should sill pass mot too with only primary cat.

I have a decat (still has the pre cat in place on the manifold) and a K-tec remap and panel filter. I purchased the car this way from the original owner so don't know any difference. Apparently it has given the car a nice note when pressing on (it certainly sounds lovely when you are attacking you fav A/B road) and even crackles on the overrun when slowing down, but not too much to scare the other motorists. I have noticed it drones a little at 70 mph but I couldn't say how much difference this is from standard from what I have read of other owners experiencing a similar thing.

My 200 was one of the first ktec did when the car was released apparently, perhaps with the experience they could probably extract more from it. I have a slight flat spot at around 3-4k rpm but the car never feels like it has a lack of torque. They also raised the rev limit by 300 rpm should I need it.

TW

As above decat and remap, sound much better and hopefully a little more bhp. Should sill pass mot too with only primary cat.

Ben, you know anywhere local that'll sort the decat out? I might be obtaining one in a couple of weeks.

Any mot station should pass the car if the precat fitted as it registers a pass just under the limit, unless the limit has changed since I last did it a few years back. Obviously with both cats removed now mot time is a little more imagitive.

I mean fit it, not pass it.

MOT is booked in for Tuesday, so I know it'll be safe for at least another year. But I have a second hand freebie winging it's way to me, just need it fitting.

Not 100% sure what decat you have and how it fits onto your TDF exhaust. I'd be happy to get it on one of the ramps at work and stick it on for you FOC but will be a couple weeks time, flat out at the mo.

I know it's on his TDF exhaust at the moment, but it's "too loud". So that's come off, sports cat going on and he's giving me the decat. So should fit all fine :smile:

I don't know why more companies don't make decats with silencers in. Got one on the 172 and it really freed the revs up whilst keeping it OEM noise limits. Cracking bit of kit.

Then again knowing you i'd imagine your after max decibles lol

haha, Well it doesn't bother me too much, because it's not my every day drive. So if it's loud, it'll just give me smiles.

But i'd imagine if you were doing long arse trips, it'd get annoying. Infact, I know Luke carrys ear plugs in his car lol.

TDF gave him the race exhaust on a decat. I like it, but he said it was too loud. Wimp lol

Any mot station should pass the car if the precat fitted as it registers a pass just under the limit, unless the limit has changed since I last did it a few years back. Obviously with both cats removed now mot time is a little more imagitive.

From what I have heard its a little bit more than just emissions now. if a car has a cat fitted from new then it must be present during the test regardless of emissions. Obviously this depends on how friendly your tester is.

Yes when my misses first had her ITBs and decatted, single silencer exhaust fitted in her stripped out clio I thought it sounded like a touring car, loved it.

After 5 miles at 70 the novelty soon wore off! :worried: Hate it now

Yes when my misses first had her ITBs and decatted, single silencer exhaust fitted in her stripped out clio I thought it sounded like a touring car, loved it.

After 5 miles at 70 the novelty soon wore off! :worried: Hate it now

lol Yeah that's the thing. As a daily driver, that's just not the one.

From what I have heard its a little bit more than just emissions now. if a car has a cat fitted from new then it must be present during the test regardless of emissions. Obviously this depends on how friendly your tester is.

This one is a new one on me, like I say haven't presented a decatted clio for some years. For the records come mot time for me I simply refit the standard exhaust system and manifold... :wink:

I have a decat (still has the pre cat in place on the manifold) and a K-tec remap and panel filter. I purchased the car this way from the original owner so don't know any difference. Apparently it has given the car a nice note when pressing on (it certainly sounds lovely when you are attacking you fav A/B road) and even crackles on the overrun when slowing down, but not too much to scare the other motorists. I have noticed it drones a little at 70 mph but I couldn't say how much difference this is from standard from what I have read of other owners experiencing a similar thing.

My 200 was one of the first ktec did when the car was released apparently, perhaps with the experience they could probably extract more from it. I have a slight flat spot at around 3-4k rpm but the car never feels like it has a lack of torque. They also raised the rev limit by 300 rpm should I need it.

TW

Well, thats what I want :smile: I do the odd long mile trip. If it drones, it drones. But my daily commute of 30mile round trip will be more enjoyable, as some are country lanes :smiley:

Yeah good points guys. I am wanting to free up the odd horse but I know the gains are not going to be substantial. Decat and map it is then. For £66, it's not that bad either.

ANYONE SELLING A SECOND HAND DECAT (KTR)?? :thumbsup:

Im removing this set up tomorrow mate. Its great for normal drives but motorway journeys are quite horrid. (and sorry but yes the decat is sold lol)