de-wipering a clio

I have a clio running a 2008 plate and the wiper has packed up, it is in the middle of the windscreen too. Now what i want to do is de wiper it, but i have no idea with the car in that respect, does anyone know how easy it is to de-wiper the vehicle or is it better to find the fault and repair it, i think i would prefer the look of it if it was de-wipered.

Mine is dewipered mate I don't know of many other people who have done this

Here's mine, I kept the original grommet and put a smaller grommet inside.

5284eeb5-f3fd-e7c1.jpg

It's fairly easy

*Remove wiper cover, and remove bolt that holds the wiper arm in place

*The wiper will more than like be seized on, I had the out hack saw to get mine off, Luckily managed to do it with out damaging the motor.

*Remove trim inside boot lid 3 torx screw and pull off.

*There are 3 rivets which need drilling out in order to remove wiper

*Job done :smiley:

Hope this helps buddy :tongueout:

I detest those snap off stickers im afraid, every Saxo on the planet has one of those on. Ditch that and you have a nice little 197 there :wink:

I'd keep the front wipers though if I were you. Lol!

I like rear wipers for their practical use, but they do look good without too.

As much as I like my dewipered look, in the winter with all the grit and salt on the roads you can't see a thing through the rear window :/

Have you tried rain-x on it? I wonder if it would help much?

That stuff is more for windscreens to assist beading of water so it runs up and off the screen instead of pooling on it, of which it does a very good job in my experience.

Without the force of wind on it I doubt it'd keep the rear clean, plus it has a horrible side effect of being quite 'tacky' and dirt tends to stick to the unswept areas heavily.

AutoGlyms aqua wax actually does wonders with keeping windows clean, I'd try that!

Losing the rear wiper is something that'll be happening to the green one when she's put on a crash diet in a couple of years time.

Couldn't do without it as the mo though. Dont like a dirty rear window.

i did mine and used a glass bung from germany but don't remember the company sorry.
img1383wv.jpg

Can anyone source a glass bung? very tempted to de-wiper. But with winter coming I fear it could be silly move; that and when I come to sell it.

I'm pretty sure the 200s suffer more with crap being kicked up onto the rear than the 197s. The diffuser on the 200 seems to have much more of a curve upwards to it than the 197. I haven't removed my rear wiper yet but did on my old car and have to say you get used to not having one pretty quick!

I'm pretty sure the 200s suffer more with crap being kicked up onto the rear than the 197s. The diffuser on the 200 seems to have much more of a curve upwards to it than the 197. I haven't removed my rear wiper yet but did on my old car and have to say you get used to not having one pretty quick!

I'll update my thread with what a week of use does to the rear window. Then I'll run a week with Rain-X, and then maybe try another product the following week.