De-wiper?

Anyone removed their rear wiper?

Mines does my nut in. It always draggs its ass over the screen when its dirty and doesnt have any water on it!

What haev you used to blank it?

I havent currently dont mine as I find the rear on the 197 gets really *****ed up with dirt, but on previous cars I have done it. I just popped to my local plumbing merchants, and measured up for a rubber grommit, even homebase or B&Q may have them only a quid or so.... hope this helps

I remember seeing a picture on here of 197 with no rear wiper and just a rubber grommit and thought it look very clean...think it was from a guy in Italy

Ye, plumbers merchants might have something, but I remember seeing something on ebay for this kind of thing.

On a similar note, I have been keeping an eye out when following cars to see if there is a good doner car for a rear flat blade wiper upgrade. But so far I haven't seen one that looks like it would make a good nice, neat job. My old man's 1 series looks like it might do the job, but the angle kicks up too great (rather than being a sweeping curve) and wouldn't follow the line of the window.

I wouldnt get rid tbh. Just do what Maz says and turn it off. I only ever use the rear wiper when the window is soaking.

The 197/200s need a rear wiper, the aerodynamics/diffuser throws dirt straight on to the window.

It only wipes once before the screen wash comes out anyway so not too much drama lol

Couldn't live without mine and can't really see the point in getting rid of it unless it's broken to be honest.

Unfortunately this is the best photo that I have, only from the inside.

It's on a 2009 Street Race.

A friends ex 197:

He wanted to get rid of some extra weight. :smiley:

Our cars - 2009:

The boot door became so light that I almost got them in my forehead when I tried to open them...:smiley: