Daytime Running Lights

iAndy

Platinum Member
Just bought some 24led daytime running lights off ebay, has anyone fitted any on a 200 or seen any, still under the impression of will they look a bit chav or not :s

Aka fairy lights! Lol! Imo, if you are going to fit them, have as few as possible and have the bigger LEDs, not the tiny little strips.

I think the only versions I like are those integrated in the headlights. Everything else looks extreme chav to my old - but not Roy old :wink: - eyes.

No - let me try and explain myself better - I think my main gripe is drivers who use them poorly all day long as a willy waggler (a bit like people who just have to drive everywhere with fog lights on). Poorly used DRL's tell people that the driver has poor manhood and he really needs these lights on to compensate.

I've always been taught to use lights to be seen and to judge the circumstances you're in when you use them.

God I am getting old!

What do you mean by 'poorly all day long'?

Do you mean using them in the day?

Webby there suppose to be on alday. Dont think you can turn them off (factory fitted DRL)

Webby there suppose to be on alday. Dont think you can turn them off (factory fitted DRL)

That why I imagine I'll have to change my mind at some point soon - well in fact this year for all new cars.

But do they need to be automatic? Do you need them on with sidelights or main beam? It just reminds me of all the cocks that drive around with fog lights on all the time!

Sorry, I know I'm going off on one.

Go on then - convince me they look great on a car. Which cars have DRL's that are tastefully designed and which aren't?

The Megane's DRLs go off when you switch the headlights on as when the headlights are on it's meant to be dark :smile:

That why I imagine I'll have to change my mind at some point soon - well in fact this year for all new cars.

But do they need to be automatic? Do you need them on with sidelights or main beam? It just reminds me of all the cocks that drive around with fog lights on all the time!

Sorry, I know I'm going off on one.

Go on then - convince me they look great on a car. Which cars have DRL's that are tastefully designed and which aren't?

the Meg's DRL's come on automatically and don't go off until the full lights are on and i cant turn them off.

the worst thing about the Meg is i have LEDs for day light then normal lights on a night i need a HID conversion.

the Meg's DRL's come on automatically and don't go off until the full lights are on and i cant turn them off.

the worst thing about the Meg is i have LEDs for day light then normal lights on a night i need a HID conversion.

Now that I don't mind so much. Where are they placed on the Meg?

Hi,

I think I will convert my cornering lights to DRL, replacing the OEM h7 bulb with this h7 CREE 60W led bulb and connect a DRL module in order to manage the turn on automatically and turn it off when park lights will be turned on.

Genuine-Free-shipping-CREE-XBD-60W-H7-LED-Fog-Light-12V-24V-car-DRL-light-lamp.jpg

I will post a few picture as soon as I finish

Hi,

I think I will convert my cornering lights to DRL, replacing the OEM h7 bulb with this h7 CREE 60W led bulb and connect a DRL module in order to manage the turn on automatically and turn it off when park lights will be turned on.

View attachment 8693

I will post a few picture as soon as I finish

H7 fitments, wonder what these would be like in the dipped beam

I think it will be fine... moreover, I already did a projector upgrade, so the h7 led will have all the power needed and bright as full power. will keep you updated as soon as I finish the installation.

I also ordered this kind of gof light to us as DRL, It fits OEM replacement with the fog light.

it fits on nissan qashqai and clio 200 ( same Valeo réf.)

2013_Newest_car_accessories_Auto_fog_light_for_Nissan_Livina_Qashqai_TEANA_NEW_SYLPHY_DC12_24V_l.jpg

I would love it if someone could make a new blade with DRL in each end like the Meg.
I would love one. But would have to look oem.