Day trip to remember

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
You may have read my previous post Clicky about a day trip to Zürich

Well, I'm doing this again in February, but having looked at Easyjet's site, day trips to Copenhagen, Dublin, Bordeaux, Barcelona, Madrid and dozens of other European places are available.

Anyone got a city in Europe they love and can recommend?

I've done Toulouse for the day too, trip to the Airbus A380 factory FTW!!!!

Mike

Dublin is expensive, I went last December and it was £9 for a glass of rose', lovely place though.

Copenhagen is lovely but very very expensive. Lot's to see if you like Museums and Architecture. Might be a little cold this time of year!

Barcelona is again amazing one of my fav's, beautiful city, great food and drink, lots of places to visit like Gaudi and Las Ramblas and best of all Montjuic (A mountain) which looks over the whole city!!

But personally it's Italy for me...& If you like Pizza and Pasta and good lager you'll love it!

Rome - Amazing sights, Colosseum, Palatine Hill, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and many many more. Easy to get around with the Tube. Fairly Inexpensive if you go to the right areas.

Florence - Again sightseeing is it's forte, Ponte Vecchio (Old Bridge), Michaelangelo Hill (View of the whole city), The Duomo (Cathedral). More expensive than Rome and more walking.

Last edited:
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh sooo much choice lol!!!!!!

Barcelona is do-able for a day trip too

Paris FTMFW! going ther agin for new years i think,

I was disapointed with Rome but am really wanting to do Venice at some point,

Paris is £50,42 from Luton - gets there at 09h20 - flight back is at 21h25 - not bad!!

A little, but it is such fun!!!!

Great way to taste a little of somewhere's culture too.

The best bit is when you get back the next day and say "Yeah, I went to Zürich yesterday" - and people look at you like you have lost the plot!

Oooo it sounds like fun to day trip into Europe!

Been to Dublin, great fun, can't beat Guinness in Dublin and I love Paris and Rome...

Valencia is a great city, I was there for a champions league game.

Though we stayed a couple of nights, its an hours train journey from Barcelona.

guiness . . . . peh . . . . horrible stuff

Perfect meal in a glass, out of your price range though during the week Woody :wink: lol!

Taste better over there than here though for sure and it has to be on tap, bottles and cans taste yukky!

well ive only had it from a can so that might be y.

price range comment . . . .. . very true. . . . .. do they do draught beens?