Dash-cam power supply

As I don't want something bulky stuck in my cigarette lighter constantly, where can I draw the power from for my dash-cam? It'll be a permanent install so I'd like the cable hidden behind the dash somewhere, and then up the passenger "A" pillar and above the headlining to by the mirror.

Car is a clio 197 cup

Thanks in advance

I have a dash cam installed on my 197 but am yet to 'hide' the charger adaptor. I have run the cable underneath the centre console (via the handbrake opening) and then tucked it underneath the glove box, then up the a pillar and across the roof lining. took me around 10 mins in total :smile:

Routing the cable through the dash, pillar and lining isn't my worry, I just need to find power for it for when I want to use a sat nav or charge my phone etc... Does the handbrake gaiter just pop out? If it does I could maybe cut into the power cable going to the cigarette lighter

The fuse tap piggy backs an existing fuse, and the converter changes the output to the right voltage. It's then a case of routing the wires as you see fit. You would just need a crimping set and half an hour. I following the advice of someone on here - I'll try and dig up the thread.

I connected mine to the wiring for the headunit. Got an aftermarket radio so didn't need to cut into the vehicle loom.

All wires I needed were there; +12v, ignition, and ground.