Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

Superb upgrade Dale, nice one! As above, great seats to have in these cars and they look brilliant too!

Awesome Dale, very nice indeed. Better ask @Jimmy where he got his chavvy stickers for the seat bases (would also like to know myself :tongueout: )

Oh like that is it...chavvy when it's me, but different when it's on the cool kids' cars :tonguewink:

Reactions: Micah and Dystant
Congrats on them Recaro's, those are really the bees knees in car seats, they were so good, you still find them in todays Meg's too! Still the same shape and comfort. Enjoy them :smiley:

Reactions: Dystant
Congrats on them Recaro's, those are really the bees knees in car seats, they were so good, you still find them in todays Meg's too! Still the same shape and comfort. Enjoy them :smiley:

So good you still find them in a Lotus Evora...

So just noticed my standard seats have airbags in the side of them, so why is there any modifications needed when replacing them with recaros? :think:

Surely it would just use the same wiring and be a direct swap?

So just noticed my standard seats have airbags in the side of them, so why is there any modifications needed when replacing them with recaros? :think:

Surely it would just use the same wiring and be a direct swap?

Standard seats have more airbags than the Recaros (3 in standard, 2 in recaros IIRC)

Why you need 2x 3.3ohm resistors (one for each seat).

This thread shows where they go on the recaros
http://www.clio197.net/threads/how-to-fit-recaro-seats-in-15-steps-pics.18136/

Edit: or you if you know someone with CLIP software, they can programme the airbag module, that is what Renault did from factory.

Reactions: Dystant and suj
Reactions: suj
Almost forgot!

Some plonker earlier today was going too fast around a corner that has no visibility, and it's a narrow residential road, so I had to swiftly pull to the left to avoid hitting him which resulted in my alloy grinding against the kerb about 3/4 the way around the alloy! :censored:

So pissed off as it looks horrible! Should be able to do a botch job with the satin black pen kit i got from Halfords but I'm
definitely going to have to get them all refurbished at some point :worried: one of the rears has some sort of water stain and looks kind of purple under certain light...

Meh... atleast I didn't crash!

Almost forgot!

Some plonker earlier today was going too fast around a corner that has no visibility, and it's a narrow residential road, so I had to swiftly pull to the left to avoid hitting him which resulted in my alloy grinding against the kerb about 3/4 the way around the alloy! :censored:

So pissed off as it looks horrible! Should be able to do a botch job with the satin black pen kit i got from Halfords but I'm
definitely going to have to get them all refurbished at some point :worried: one of the rears has some sort of water stain and looks kind of purple under certain light...

Meh... atleast I didn't crash!

Really sorry mate. It's one of the most horrible feelings but pretty much all of us have been there.

Maybe it's a sign...

The grinding noise is the worst part of it, sends shivers down my spine!!!

Yep, that's a noise that's crystal clear in my head.

May have decided your next mod though... I've done that before, "BALLS curbed a wheel... screw it new wheels!" :smiley:

Reactions: Johnny 99
Yep, that's a noise that's crystal clear in my head.

May have decided your next mod though... I've done that before, "BALLS curbed a wheel... screw it new wheels!" :smiley:

Although new wheels are nice, I'm happy with the Speedlines currently on it and I want to keep it as visually OEM as possible.

Having said that if I had to get different wheels it would be Ultraleggeras as they're the only aftermarket alloys I've seen that I actually really like :smile:

Last edited:
I really like the speedlines and would't change them as i'am a bit of a oem freak but if i had to pick another wheel i would also go with the ultraleggeras .

Of course mate. Totally forgot you were already on speedlines. Certainly no need for new wheels.

Feel for you mate. It's not a massive amount of money to put right though and it mean it will be a long time before you do it again!

Gutted mate, really sorry to hear that dude, as mes said we have all been there...

First day I drove to work when I got my 200t it was cold at 5am and I was fiddling trying to work out the heater controls and scraped my alloy the entire way around, not even knicked it since!