DAB/DVD/SATNAV Headunit + Bluetooth

Heey guys..pick my 197 up on friday. Think i'll invest in an ITG pannel filter but that's about it performance wise :thumbdown:

What i really hope to achieve is kitting out the cab with an awesome DAB + DVD + SAT NAV headunit with a good aux set up for the ipod etc. Can anyone recommend any? For the VXR's they do a piano black VXMMI which pretty much fits the picture..wondered if Renault do anything similar??

Following the headunit, some decent speakers front and rear to replace the standard ones and finally bluetooth and any other gucci things people can recommend..

I live in Greater Manchester and would need this all fitting so if anyones dealt with a good audio shop/can recommend someone that would be much appreciated! :smile:

Cheers.. Paul

Last edited:
Nothing that I am aware of, besides the Clio only has a single DIN slot, so anything that would fit in a single DIN should be fine.

gods2, Im not sure on make and model, but I have an alpine head unit with bluetooth fitted, bluetooth works a treat, and matched the speakers all round to alpines also

Headunit - stick to alpine or pioneer, you can't really go wrong.

Speakers - totally depends on budget, and wether you are going to amp them or not.

Haha like it Raptor. The front just clips on then? I wonder if getting a better alarm would help deter theives?? Although it won't stop a brick through the passenger window ey :smile:

Well i want a proper decent sounding system but not into subs and 6x9's in the parcel shelf lol..what should i be looking to put away for speakers to replace the standard ones and an amp (essential??) in your opinion? I know theres a whole world of different options out there but just from your experience.

Cheers guys

Don't rule out a sub if your after a good listening experience. Don't think boom boom boom, when subs are mentioned. I have a DLS SQ 10" sub in a very small sealed box and it completes the sound. The front components are then setup to only play down to a reasonable frequency (they are only 5.25" after all) this means that the speakers aren't trying to play the lot and will be much clearer from doing so.

You really need to decide on overall budget. This will then dictate what equipment to choose. There's no point buying expensive components if your going to chuck them in and run them off the headunit, as you won't be using them to their full potential. A good start is getting a good headunit. Then upgrade the fronts and amp them if you can. A good external amp is literally worlds apart from a headunit amp!

A lot of it's to do with how well you install. Good kit installed well will always sound better than top range kit installed poorly!

Just depends how much you like your music and how far you want to go!

Last edited:
Haha like it Raptor. The front just clips on then? I wonder if getting a better alarm would help deter theives?? Although it won't stop a brick through the passenger window ey :smile:

Only the section with the buttons on clips off.

Everything helps.

197-F1 has a good point.

Avoid...some of the Chinese stuff is pants. The build/sound quality on one I bought years ago was nasty and the user interface was terrible. You get what you pay for I'm afraid. Get a good headunit even if you run it off standard speakers to start with, it will be a good base to start adding to later down the line.

edit: you will struggle getting an adaptor as well, for the steering wheel controls.

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions