DA compounds.?

jase

Founder
Platinum Member
got a DA for christmas, what cut compounds and polishes do you all recomend.?

just for basic light swirl removal.

just use the megs ones - 85 - 83 and another more agressive one but cant remember which one !

The older Megs ones take an age to break down via DA. The newer ones (105 and 205) are a lot better, but they offer too much, and not enough cut, respectively.

Depending on how back your car is, I'd probably recommend getting a Menzerna kit of 3.02, 203S and PO85RE. Pads wise, the Sonus ones are great to learn with. The Menz ones cut better, but they don't like DA's and become brittle and break up quite quickly.

Got pads allready. Megs ones:cut, polish and finishing pads.

Got some SRP so going to practice with that.

Is 80 or 83 more agresive.?
What about swirl x, lime prime.?
Also seen a trial tester Menzerna set on clean your car.?

The car is not that bad and don't want anything too agresive to start.
Which of the new megs is the least agresive.?

Megs 205 is the least aggressive Jase.

They have a 'cut' scale on their bottles to show how abrasive each is. 205 is about 3 iirc, and 105 is 12!! (It used to go up to 10, but they increased it to 12 for the new 105).

Menz 203S is probably the best all rounder on Albi Blue, and it cuts in relation to the pad/pressure which you apply and finishes down very well, so you don't need to refine like the big cutting polishes such as 105 and 3.02.

I have litres of the stuff, so I could send you some if you like?

Menz polishes tend to act up in the cold, especially on a DA.

If it's light correction you are looking for then go with some Lime Prime. I found it to be very effective on my Albi using a G220. Has micro abrasives in it which seem to work well with the odd clio paint.

Megs 83 is more abrasive than 80. 80 is more of a glaze and will refine the finish left over from the 83 stage.

True of the older traditional compounds, but 203S is totally different and IMO is fine in all types of weather/humidity...

Thanks for the advice chaps.
Russ that would be great if you could spare a bit.?

hi mate dont pay over the odds for swirl removal polishes just look on 3M website and choose the cut need, a fine cut is recommended to beginners as you could do more damage than when you started