curbed alloys

Evening all :smile:

Right if you read my "newbie" thread you will have seen my alloy has been scuffed, its really bugging me and i want it sorted asap!

now the question is how can i tell if my alloys are sprayed black or powder coated because im guessing if i get it sprayed and they are powder coated it will stick out liek a sore thumb!!

dont know if it makes any difference but there a matt/satin black and at a quick glance its quite thick (havent looked to much as it still hurts to much!!)

cheers guys

Think if they were powder coated you would have chips on the wheels not flakey paint
I maybe wrong though:oops:

Evening all :smile:

Right if you read my "newbie" thread you will have seen my alloy has been scuffed, its really bugging me and i want it sorted asap!

now the question is how can i tell if my alloys are sprayed black or powder coated because im guessing if i get it sprayed and they are powder coated it will stick out liek a sore thumb!!

dont know if it makes any difference but there a matt/satin black and at a quick glance its quite thick (havent looked to much as it still hurts to much!!)

cheers guys

mate i've just had all 4 of mine powder coated matt black for £196,cracking job as well

that sounds like a pretty good deal henderson, seeing as my boss just paid £180 for his st wheels to be sprayed.

One thing though if i was to get them powder coated i take it its a tyre off jobbie and no car for a few days, unlike spraying them that takes a day with a man in a van?

that sounds like a pretty good deal henderson, seeing as my boss just paid £180 for his st wheels to be sprayed.

One thing though if i was to get them powder coated i take it its a tyre off jobbie and no car for a few days, unlike spraying them that takes a day with a man in a van?

mate you couldn't be further from the truth,mine took 6 hours from roll in to roll out,and i was asked how quick i needed them cos they could have been done faster if needs be,yes its a tyre off job which i took advantage of and had 4 new tyres refitted once coated at no extra cost,had to take my old tyres away but you can't have it all,:tongue_smilie:

Well both my front Oz alloys are kerbed. Grrrr
But ive found black permanent marker works wonders, you dont notice unless you stare n it dont come off in the jet wash! 8)

yeah after cleaning the car this weekend (again) i realised they all need doing to be be perfect so time to pop around to a few shops and get them all done, Permant maker for the time being it is then :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions