200: Cup Race Car

Gez

Moderator & South Wales Rep
Just a general curiosity,

now the 200T Race cars have replaced the Mk3 200...where do all the Mk3 200's go?

The market doesn't seen to be flooded with them after a quick search.

Id have thought all the companies would be getting rid of them?

Theres a couple shells been on ebay, also on a few motorsport sites theres a few cars going on there too. Around about 15-20k from what iv seen

Some will be bought by other race teams, others are being snapped up and re shelled (I think 20ten have done built a couple). Others like Jake said will be on motorsports sites.

I'll be interested in seeing if the grid size of the Clio championship (the one for mk3s) increases next year. I read that they have increased the number of events and changed it from a 'series' to a 'championship' now.

I think a few will be snapped up for the Michelin cup series, and maybe downgraded to suit?

I read that there's a very health grid with the mk4 T's ready for the season to begin.

There's a shell on eBay for 99p at the moment I think haha.

Like you say gez I think a lot of them are being used for the Michelin cup

I was watching that shell, wasn't on there long. Got taken off so I'm guessing a deal was made

None are being broken up, I phoned EVERY team in the UK and they are all keeping them due to a new 200 series set up by Scuderia Vittoria, called the BARC series I think if i can remember, only think I got was Cat Cams and tyres and 2 CG locks

That Barc series looks good - 20ten are selling seats for £5k ish for a weekend. Season for £35k ish. Seems a bargain!!

Your right, the new BARC is becoming a fully fledged championship so it seems to have saved the prices from dropping. 20Ten have reshelled two of their cars and will do the third as I believe they have people for all three seats next year. they also have three drivers for the main series. I've found it hard to get second hand spares for mine for this same reason (people hanging on to them) but you can still get everything from R-Sport so nothing has dried up yet, you can still buy a complete X85 200 if you wanted one, about 32.000 euros plus I believe.