Corsa VXR Nurburgring - 202PS, bespoke bilsteins, LSD, Brembos...

...I like the Corsa VXR...this edition potentially irons out the reasons why I chose not to buy the first time around....I am tempted now and I reckon the dealers will be prepared to discount as good as Renault...I can see this car being available for 17k to 18K quite easily in the current climate....

then watch the videos where it consistently comes last in the group tests

corsa - clio

:zap:

you can spec a clio to £22k or thereabouts, doesn't mean that anybody actually pays that amount..
i'm not keen on the looks, they're a bit much for me (maybe it'd look a bit more subdued if it was all black?), i bet it's a great little car to drive

I'd be tempted but for 22k it's a no and even with a lifetime warrenty that wont be worth the paper it's written on after 2-3 years.

still it'd be a hoot to drive I reckon and I probably will own one in a few years when the price is more reasonable (low mileage FSH 1 owner like the 197)

.I am tempted now and I reckon the dealers will be prepared to discount as good as Renault...I can see this car being available for 17k to 18K quite easily in the current climate....

There are discounts, then there is theft. 5k off the asking price by way of discount? :rofl:
No

There are discounts, then there is theft. 5k off the asking price by way of discount? :rofl:
No

...specced my clio up to 21k....payed 17k....4 to 5k is possible if you have no PX. Just go along with your very hard face on and be prepared to sign for it on the day....

they wont be making any money on these mate. the diff, the bilsteins and the brembos all cost them more on top of the usual 19k corsa + the options you want.

Mines specced over 22k and didn't pay anything like that but can't see the Corsa being as much of a bargain

I could never own a Corsa just because of the chavvy cold feeling I would have when people looked at me and the disappointing feeling I would get at track days

Mines specced over 22k and didn't pay anything like that but can't see the Corsa being as much of a bargain

I could never own a Corsa just because of the chavvy cold feeling I would have when people looked at me and the disappointing feeling I would get at track days

lol....the funny thing is, most people who don't drive small fast hatches, view them all as chavvy!!!!

Why do people on here think the clio is any less chavvy than a vxr, st, dsr....Don't know of many Chav's getting out their chq books and buying vxr's for 22 grand....to be honest, how many vxr's on the road does anyone see anyway???

lol....the funny thing is, most people who don't drive small fast hatches, view them all as chavvy!!!!

Why do people on here think the clio is any less chavvy than a vxr, st, dsr....Don't know of many Chav's getting out their chq books and buying vxr's for 22 grand....to be honest, how many vxr's on the road does anyone see anyway???
Enthusiasts do view the Clio differently to a VXR, probably due to the press reviews. At a recent track day, chatting to a GT3RS owner, who was genuinely enthusiastic about the 200. Had prev owned a williams etc. I think that's why so many people interested in track days etc end up in RS', but you rarely see any VXR on a track day.

It's down to a few things really

Previous history. What iconic corsas are there? A Sri? A gte?
Clio Williams / trophy

Vauhall in f1?
Renault yep mixing it with ferrari / mc laren

Magazine reviews, Clio top Corsa bottom

Corsa went all out styling and emissions
Clio purposeful styling 2.0l na

If you know anything about cars and ending up on this forum presumes you do then you are a bit of a motor head and respect the track. You would be spending your money on buying a Clio rather than a Corsa for some of the above reasons

I know the reactions I've had from friends since buying my Clio and they are positive. Another mate bought a Corsa VCR a few months back and got slated and it became known as the nova. My civic beat that which didn't help him. 1.6 na! He's now sold up

^ pretty much sums it up I think, if you require something for the track, the Clio is the car for you. Although it will no doubt be a little closer now with the Nurburgring edition of the Corsa.... still, I wouldn't pay 22k for one.

Enthusiasts do view the Clio differently to a VXR, probably due to the press reviews. At a recent track day, chatting to a GT3RS owner, who was genuinely enthusiastic about the 200. Had prev owned a williams etc. I think that's why so many people interested in track days etc end up in RS', but you rarely see any VXR on a track day.

It's down to a few things really

Previous history. What iconic corsas are there? A Sri? A gte?
Clio Williams / trophy

Vauhall in f1?
Renault yep mixing it with ferrari / mc laren

Magazine reviews, Clio top Corsa bottom

Corsa went all out styling and emissions
Clio purposeful styling 2.0l na

If you know anything about cars and ending up on this forum presumes you do then you are a bit of a motor head and respect the track. You would be spending your money on buying a Clio rather than a Corsa for some of the above reasons

I know the reactions I've had from friends since buying my Clio and they are positive. Another mate bought a Corsa VCR a few months back and got slated and it became known as the nova. My civic beat that which didn't help him. 1.6 na! He's now sold up

Wouldn't argue with some of the points but I'm always mindful about 'throwin rotten fruit n' veg' at other cars\owners. Think its short sighted to say there are any links between Renault F1 and the clio in regard to pedigree...Its just badge, in that respect.
In regard to iconic..I'm old enough to remember that those cars were groundbreaking. The Nova SR, SRI were one of the first (truely small) fast hatchbacks. The other cars of this period were bigger GTI, R5..). There was a period when the Astra GTE 16v was the most sort after hatch...

Vauxhall equally has its place in motor history. Vauxhalls have a great heritage in Touring car racing (track history?)
The Williams and Trophy are great cars but were equally slated for reliablity issues and the high running costs. The Williams would literally fall apart around the engine.

I love the clio, but never (as most on here) considered buying a 172 or 182 when they we're new? The 197 is a fantastic car but equally has its failings. Just making references to the track doesn't tell the full picture cause 90% will never see one.
Vauxhall have taken a different approach to the corsa which means a choice to those who like their cars to look more 'current'. Living with the both cars in real world isn't much different.
The my penis is bigger than yours that people can have about their cars is quite funny. My friend owns a 172, and he's faster than most on track days...maybe his penis isn't as small as those in their porsche's as he overtakes them thinks?

Too many people buy cars because of how 'they think' others feel about them, than how they feel about them themselves...

Its nice to be objective as I've found out. You never know, like me you may end up in a yellow car with stickers on it which is so far removed from my 3 series.....but what a great little car (as is the Corsa..just in different ways). I bought the Clio cause it was cheap...if I found a Corsa that cheap first, I'd be now a on VXR forum.

Last edited:
Debates over which is better go on forever and year after year. Do you reckon it was the same with the nova gte vs the Renault 5 turbo and the 205 gti? Yep. I remember them too! Been in and owned / driven my fair share. Guess it's what makes the industry strong and all manufacturers still competitive. Everyone has their opinion and im glad some people buy the minis and the vxr's out there. Gives us something to 'play' with. Plus if everyone had a Clio it would be a bit boring

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and some of them smell. Nobody will ever agree when it comes to rival cars, look at Ford & Holden in Australia. :smile:

Clio > Corsa, I think, because of how much time has gone into the R&D and engineering of the Clio down the years compared to the Corsa and it shows. The engine, the chassis, the brakes, it's all just ''right'' from the off. As opposed to being ''alright''.

Renault have been making hot cars for years and as such are pretty much the daddy when it comes to this kind of car...

5, 19, 21, 16V, Williams, V6, 172, 225, 182, 230, 197, R26, R27, R26R, 133, 200, 250...

Vs.

Nova GTE/SRi, Astra GTE/SRi/GSi, Astra VXR, Corsa VXR...

D'uh, winning...

I'm not saying the Corsa is a BAD car. But it's not as good as the Clio. They do look the part but I think because of how aggressive they're been styled, they do attract a certain sort of person and have acquired themselves a bit of an image problem. Whereas the Clios have always been pretty subtle styling-wise but have still been beefed up over standard which I think some people would view as being a bit more classy and a bit less Halfords/Max Power. Corsas don't handle as well as the Clios. I don't care what anybody says, they do not drive and stick like a Clio when comparing STANDARD cars. Fair enough they're quick in a straight line and with minimal £s they can be turned into little monsters. But the brakes and the chassis just aren't as well polished as the Clios.

The interiors are smart though and Recaros as standard can't be sniffed at.

Clio if you like subtlety, trackdays, fine roads and ''waaarrrrr'' NA madness.

Corsa if you like ''kruizin'' and 1/4 Miles and ''p'tisssshhh''.

Horses for courses.

* And yes, I have driven both and I only own one of them. :smiley:

Last edited:
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and some of them smell. Nobody will ever agree when it comes to rival cars, look at Ford & Holden in Australia. :smile:

Clio > Corsa, I think, because of how much time has gone into the R&D and engineering of the Clio down the years compared to the Corsa and it shows. The engine, the chassis, the brakes, it's all just ''right'' from the off. As opposed to being ''alright''.

Renault have been making hot cars for years and as such are pretty much the daddy when it comes to this kind of car...

5, 19, 21, 16V, Williams, V6, 172, 225, 182, 230, 197, R26, R27, R26R, 133, 200, 250...

Vs.

Nova GTE/SRi, Astra GTE/SRi/GSi, Astra VXR, Corsa VXR...

D'uh, winning...

I'm not saying the Corsa is a BAD car. But it's not as good as the Clio. They do look the part but I think because of how aggressive they're been styled, they do attract a certain sort of person and have acquired themselves a bit of an image problem. Whereas the Clios have always been pretty subtle styling-wise but have still been beefed up over standard which I think some people would view as being a bit more classy and a bit less Halfords/Max Power. Corsas don't handle as well as the Clios. I don't care what anybody says, they do not drive and stick like a Clio when comparing STANDARD cars. Fair enough they're quick in a straight line and with minimal £s they can be turned into little monsters. But the brakes and the chassis just aren't as well polished as the Clios.

The interiors are smart though and Recaros as standard can't be sniffed at.

Clio if you like subtlety, trackdays, fine roads and ''waaarrrrr'' NA madness.

Corsa if you like ''kruizin'' and 1/4 Miles and ''p'tisssshhh''.

Horses for courses.

* And yes, I have driven both and I only own one of them. :smiley:

What you talkin' about Willis....sorry couldn't help myself!!!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Heppy997 Interior and Audio 29
jamesgw200 Other Marques 13
antnee Interior and Audio 6
Kazumz Clio General Chat 67
Marv Other Marques 8