continental sport 5

getting these fitted to the front tomorrow as seem to have developed a slow puncture on the rear tyre,

have new conti'3s on the front last month so will be putting them on the rear and new 5s on the front got the 5s due to them being a £1 more than the 3s thought i'd try them out

I noticed quite a difference personally, did exactly the same as you 'smiler'. Thought they had sharper turn in and a bit more consistency through higher speed bends. The only slightly worse thing was the initial feel on turn in. I think these differences are probably due to the stiffer sidewalls as went for 91W Conti 5's. You will probably only notice a difference under enthusiastic conditions :wink:

I noticed quite a difference personally, did exactly the same as you 'smiler'. Thought they had sharper turn in and a bit more consistency through higher speed bends. The only slightly worse thing was the initial feel on turn in. I think these differences are probably due to the stiffer sidewalls as went for 91W Conti 5's. You will probably only notice a difference under enthusiastic conditions :wink:

Oh I see,I've gone for the 91w aswell roger, getting them fitted now so will see what they're like on the drive home I must admit we do have a good few roads for enthusiastic driving:smile:

...I think they have replaced the 3's....I haven't really had the oportunity to try them out on a spirited drive yet but for general day to day I can't see any difference.....

...I think they have replaced the 3's....I haven't really had the oportunity to try them out on a spirited drive yet but for general day to day I can't see any difference.....

when you say replaced do you mean no longer doing the 3's?

ive got them on and on the way back the car felt alot more stronger at the front grip was really good on them although the wheels did spin when i pulled away

Will see what they are like when the winter really starts if they not good will put the Hankooks back on

The last time I drove my car 15 months ago I went to Wales with Arran and a few guys of here and I had just had Hankooks on the front and didn't think they were as good as contis

well i havent really found any reason not too use the conti's and try anything else apart from a tight wallet the odd month in a year

I would of thought there would be only a very small difference between the tyres.

As the tyre will just be an evolution of the previous model, so small tweeks and changes.

It wont be night and day, as its not like they are reinventing the wheel!