Conti Sport Contact 3

Found a place online that sells these for around £100 each - tyreleader.co.uk - has anyone used them, looks like they are sourced abroad?

Cheers .... Simon.

I thought these were discontinued, must be old stock. And for £100 a corner there are far better tyres available

Yes they are old stock, DOT 2011, replaced by the SC5. I only need rears, fronts were replaced and have lots of tread. Like to keep same tyre front and rear, don't want to replace all four now. Maybe a mix of 3's and 5's would be okay, SC5 were supposedly an improved tyre?

I never understood peoples liking of the sport contact 3. For £100 as [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] said you can get much much better tyres. If they were £50 I'd be saying the same, they are very over rated. As long as the tyres are the same across an axle it's fine.

I agree, there good until they wear half way after that there rubbish. Way to soft. Michelin PS3 is by far the best road tyre I've ever used, epic grip in the wet and like glue in the dry. Gives so much confidence on the road. I run them on my 182 after various tyres over the years and these are the best. And they wear the best!

I wouldnt worry about running different tyres on the front and back, i changed the conti's on mine to Potenza RE050's and i wont be going back to conti's any time soon

I had a bit of bother running different tyres front and back,Had AD08's on the front and HankookV12's on the back as there was no stock at the time for the AD08's and the back end would step out which you might like but i bricked it at the time:worried:

Given the choice I'd run the same tyre on each corner. TBF I've found the SC3's okay for my use, on the overcrowded roads around Bristol with my 4 year old in the car, with the odd spirited drive (Brecons run) etc. Please don't ask me to hand the car back as it's not getting used as intended and buy that Micra someone mentioned..... LOL!

Yes Kev I need to stick my name down for that depending on the date, my better half wants to have a go too, oh lord! Not been on track for 10 years since my Elise days, I'll bring the sat nav :smile:

Thanks Kev, the Curbourgh day looks good too. If they have a novice group at Llandow then that should be fine, wouldn't want to be a moving roadblock or for Debbie to panic!

Give the Kumho KU39 a try, I paid less than £100 per tyre (fitted) in 225/40/18. I was a fan of the Conti's but have to say these are superior to them in the wet and although it's not been that dry since they've been on I'd be surprised if they don't have the beating of them there too.

The Kumho's are around £83 fitted with Blackcircle tyres, good price and get a good rating.

Kev, I only did about a half dozen track days in the Elise, but also did driver training with Andrew Walsh (well known in the Lotus scene) and a guy called Don Palmer, sitting with him driving my car at Bedford was both awe inspiring and humbling at the same time. I did a Lotus day at Rockingham that was shared with a Skyline group, the organisers had to ask them to leave as it got too dangerous, so I've seen the bad side to track days too.