Contemplating Selling

You all probably think I'm mad but I've got my eye on a new motor already (this is what happens when you go to the ring) which means I am contemplating putting the Clio up for sale in it's modified form.

Given at the moment its stripped, do you think I would be better off putting door cards, headlining etc back in for sale to sell as a clubsport spec or leave fully stripped as is?

Reactions: suj
what is it then??spill the beans..
not sure many people are that interested in a strip down clio though..
i would advertise it as it is and if theres not enough interest,then i would put the interior bits back in...

Reactions: BenAG200
what is it then??spill the beans..
not sure many people are that interested in a strip down clio though..
i would advertise it as it is and if theres not enough interest,then i would put the interior bits back in...

+1 on this. The majority of people probably won't be interested in a stripped/heavily modified Clio, however there might be someone out there who is looking for exactly this kind of thing...you don't know unless you try. So it is definitely worth advertising it as-is, but be prepared to put it back to a more appealing spec if you don't get much interest.

Reactions: BenAG200 and Pav
I agree, I don't think heavily stripped car is particularly appealing so was thinking with the interior restored but retaining the cage and seats it might be more what people would be interested in.

Just an idea at the minute but I've become very interested in a Cayman S. The Clio would have to go to fund it, just wasn't sure if I could sell as is or if I need to go to the effort of returning everything back to OEM. I'd like to think my car has the "right" mods and therefore people could be interested in it's non standard form.

Thanks for the comments gents.

Reactions: Jimmy
Back to oem would be best way to get the most money back...
Yep that's what I did with the M3, however with the Clio I'd probably have to part with a fair bit of cash just to get it back to standard, so it's a case of is it worth losing some money on the mods instead.

This guy just swoops in!

Lol...
:tearsofjoy:

I had £7k invested in my last track car, and would have been lucky to sell it complete for £3k. Although it broke my heart parting it out, I made roughly £5k back on it, so it made economic sense.

:tearsofjoy:

I had £7k invested in my last track car, and would have been lucky to sell it complete for £3k. Although it broke my heart parting it out, I made roughly £5k back on it, so it made economic sense.
I did a similar thing with my old cup. Got £17k back out of that! Lol

Haha love how this is slowly evolving into a part out thread lol.

I put the M3 back to standard thinking I'd maybe get £2-3k for the bits I had on it, in the end I made £7.5k just in second hand parts before selling the car! I was glad to get the money back but at the same time I thought crap how much must I have paid new :fearscream:

Reactions: kevlar
Following your car you have some nice parts fitted im sure it will be easy to sell the parts on to you already have interest from me and another on the cage to. I would say it will make it easier to shift the car 'more' standard.

Reactions: BenAG200
Thanks mate, kind words. :tearsofjoy:

Ha!

It's just too distressing for my tiny brain to contemplate mate!

All that awesome work on that lovely car!

Absolutely get the feeling of wanting something else, but so soon? You've not even had time to enjoy it. And sure, the Cayman can be tweaked to be an absolute weapon with a few mods, you'll need pretty deep pockets though. :smiley:

However, if you are going to do it, you'll definitely get a hell of a lot more if you return it fully to standard. AG cars always seem to fetch decent money and you have some good mods to build up funds with.