Condensation in 200?

My 200 keeps getting thick condensation on all the interior glass and in this cold weather all the interior glass is covered in ice in the inside of the car... I have had back to the dealer they have changed the pollen filter and cannot find anything else but the problem still persists... Any ideas?

Are you getting into the car with very wet feet? Are you using the heating much? Id say, get the car really hot on the inside to dry out any moisture for a while. Then see if it recurs.

No not getting in with wet feet... There has no be a problem with car because when it is parked on a car park in the cold weather I can see there is only my car which seems to have this heavy condensation inside... My heating is always on just set on auto to 22 apart from the 5 minutes I have to have my demisters on to help clear the condensation, I also never use the recirculation switch... I will be back onto the garage Monday morning just trying to find out if anyone else is having these problems.

Really strange then. In all the cold weather we have had, ive not had any bad condensation, except the normal misting of the front screen. Certainly nothing that has frozen on the inside. I did have that issue on my first car, but that was back in 1999 and it was a ****box Nova 1.2.

Ive had this on my windscreen. Frozen on the inside!! Ffs, a brand new car doing that.
Havent done anything about it though as I expect no less from Renault tbh.

Surely this should not be happening in a brand new car though ffs my missus has a 7 year old fiesta which she can just get in and drive away while I'm de-icing the inside of my car!.. Like I say I feel like the dealer is just fobbing me off although I'm sure something like this is difficult to find.

Mine did it over the very cold days, but it's french....

Though I've heard of others having the same problem in other cars.

Have you been "cleaning" the windscreen / interior glass with a cloth? I found all that does is smear and makes the glass dirty, then water will stick to it. Try cleaning the interior glass with a "squeegee". Use hot soapy water (I use washing up liquid, not much water, lots of foam) with a sponge. Then squeegee it off, that sould remove dirt etc and nothing for the water to stick to.

All glass is cleaned with meguiars nxt glass cleaner my car is always kept spotless so I can't see how there could be any dirt on the interior windows for water to cling to... Seems to me moisture must be getting in somewhere but I realise finding it is going to be really difficult.

Cheers mate I shall order a few off eBay and give it a go... Annoying as hell like amazing car to drive but I can honestly say something like this will put me off getting another!

got to be worth a try hey! if it's happening on the rear windscreen too, just stick one or two on the parcel shelf.

another member in cumbria hey, can't wait to get my 200 and we can get a real northern, cumbria meet :smile:

Leave it at whatever temp you want but press the AC button so the AC icon appears, this will force it on, the AUTO will go away as your overriding it.

Then just have fan speed and direction to whereever you desire.

AC does not come on automatically unless you hit the windscreen button or its trying to cool the temp of the car down to the temp you have selected. If you have the temp wacked to max which I think is 27 you will then have to press the AC button to turn it on. AC only really conditions air properly if you circulate it aswell, so each time it goes through the aircon unit it conditions it further, similar to when you use it in the summer, you will find the air is colder if you circulate the air as every time it goes through the gas unit it will cool down further.

How far do you drive it? how long is the heating left on? If the car doesnt get driven far enough with the heating on it wont get time to completly dry whats already damp. Quite allot of moisture lies in the air pipes.

Last edited:
This may be where I am going wrong then I never have my AC on I just have it set to AUTO.

Car was fine this morning had the AC on on my drive home last night.

Weekdays the car does not get much use usually just a 10 minute commute to and from work and also a short trip to my gym.