Complete lack of grip 3

There is a corner near my girlfriends house that I go into at about 45ish and my car sticks like glue and it's a fun corner until last night, I came into the same corner at around 45 like I do everytime, turned in I was then faced with unbelievable understeer so I booted it and then the back end came round on me so I booted it and just caught it before hitting the curb, thank god for traction control!! So understeer followed by oversteer!

Scary stuff

lynden

Tyres are brand new and just come off the motorway ad it was sunny for the past 4 days, drove past it again and there is abit of gravel but that's it

Hmz strange... Mine still has the same problem, but it's oversteer. I already put the tyres on pressure, but that doesn't seem like the prob.

Saturday I took a turn that you can easily take at around 50mph at about35 mph and suddenly the rear broke out again. I took that turn like faster with my citroen berlingo van and it didn't move at all...

i've been giving mine some serious work outs over the last few day, heavy breaking, wheel spins (traction control off)

thought it was dandy till today on my way home from work, hit the break not that hard and abs kicked in, not that cold over night either but i had only driven 2/3 miles.

thinking tyre contamination of some sort or just that conties are absolute shite

tyre pressure arent right, 34 front and 31 rear so ia m told, eitehr crap on the road your your just going to fast, failing that shock gone or still got the spring clamps in??? i dont get any of what your complaining about, until my track rod end started to go

They told me for the 18" tyres 35 front 32 rear.

My prob is, how can I trust my car in going fast when it oversteers when taking a turn at a normal speed...
After it happened on saturday I went to a small roundabout here. Turned the crap out of it, the tyres were screaming, esp light went on and it only thing I was getting was light understeer.

I really don't get it

I had a similar situation the other day, i was out in some local backroads giving it some beans (wont say how fast) and i went round three bends that normally can be taken very fast in the clio (quite good anti skid surface on that part of the road too) but the other night i went round bend 1 and 2 fine, great fun. As i approached bend three at similar speeds (the safest bend too) the whole back end went out on me, a quick snap of the steering wheel and some speed got me back onto the straight.

I had a similar situation the other day, i was out in some local backroads giving it some beans (wont say how fast) and i went round three bends that normally can be taken very fast in the clio (quite good anti skid surface on that part of the road too) but the other night i went round bend 1 and 2 fine, great fun. As i approached bend three at similar speeds (the safest bend too) the whole back end went out on me, a quick snap of the steering wheel and some speed got me back onto the straight.

Well thats about the same what I get, but the only thing is, it happens to me at normal driving:001_huh:

this was one of the corners. You can drive 35mph overthere, I think I was doing maybe 40

Attachments

• bocht.jpg
    bocht.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 11
are you sure it's not the fact that you've got 18s on it. the car is perfectly set up for 17s, if you go using bigger wheels it's bound to affect the handling of the car.

No idea. The car has certainly been outlined with the 18" wheels on it.
There are other owners here with the megane wheels on them. don't know if they have had any problems with it...

Gravel can wreck havoc on grip. Went for a ride with some friends with Seats and had the privilege to see one of them lose control, skid into a ditch and rollover. All that from a tiny patch of gravel.

From what you describe it looks like you went over a patch of oil/gravel during the turn, first got understeer when the front lost control, and then went into understeer when the fronts regained grip and the rears lost it.

There is a corner near my girlfriends house that I go into at about 45ish and my car sticks like glue and it's a fun corner until last night, I came into the same corner at around 45 like I do everytime, turned in I was then faced with unbelievable understeer so I booted it and then the back end came round on me so I booted it and just caught it before hitting the curb, thank god for traction control!! So understeer followed by oversteer!

Scary stuff

lynden

The way I've read that is you have approached the corner at 45mph ?

The only thing I can take from that is you've not braked before entering it causing understeer.