Complaining to Renault UK

Hi all, I'm guessing with the poor quality of products a few of you have had to do this, how did you go about it?

My cars a 59 plate so out of manufacturer warranty but it has warranty from the dealer, anyway I had an issue with the front wipers where they went half way up the screen and stopped, I had it in for a service at Renault on Thursday and they diagnosed a seized wiper linkage which the dealer agreed to cover under warranty, great news, EXCEPT they called me back late Thursday afternoon and said the part wasn't in stock could they keep my car until Friday when the part came in, as it was raining and I couldn't use the car anyway I agreed, then got another call back half an hour later saying the part was on back order from France, and could take anywhere from 5 to 10 days to arrive at the dealers, the dealer said I could get a courtesy car FOC on Friday, dealer then called on Friday lunchtime and said Renault would only authorise a courtesy car after I'd been without a car for over 24 hours and that as 24 hours wouldn't have passed until 4.30 on Friday it would be Monday before they could get me anything, I asked the dealer why I couldn't just come in at half 4 on Friday for a car, they then said it was because as the delay was down to Renault nod not them the car would be a hire car from Enterprise paid for by Renault not one of the dealers own courtesy cars, and that as the request to Enterprise couldn't be made until 4.30pm Friday Enterprise couldn't provide until Monday morning.

i am massively out of pocket now, I had to use public transport to work (20 miles away) on Friday at comsiderable expense,I was late as a result, had to cancel a shift on Saturday and will now be late in on Monday due to having to go collect the hire car before work, I've had to cancel plans to do stuff over this weekend as well, I am absolutely livid and want recompensed for the earnings I've lost and travel expenses, also want a gesture of goodwill or compensation for All their messing about and the hassle this has caused.

just ring ruk complaints department and get them involved and explain every thing to them, I had to get them involved when I was having trouble with the nimbus I just bought between me n ruk we put that much pressure on that the dealers ended up agreeing to giving me my money back in full, not a lot of people like complaining,
but that is the only way to get things done

Last edited:
happened to mine, easy enough to repair in all honesty, renault want 130 for the part sod that,

take it off, some anti seize on the one your having trouble with, take circlip off, o ring off, push linkage apart, clean up, copper slip, build back up, jobs a guddun :smile:

hope you sort the issues with renault, keep at them!

It should be the dealer giving you a courtesy car, it's them who sold you the car.

If the car is out of warranty Renault will not replace the parts (for free), your dealer will be getting Renault to sort out a courtesy car because the part you need is out of stock and (because of no wipers) off the road.

Well I called Renault and had a long (40 min) chat with some guy called Ray, apparently the customer service manager, explained the issues and also explained the heater resistor burning out which the dealer said was wear and tear and cost me £230 to fix, he said the dealer should've called them and they would've made a goodwill contribution of £155 towards it, so he sent me a voucher for that amount to spend at any Renault dealer on anything I want. Service, repairs, tyres, parts or accessories.

Service manager at the dealers also refunded us £72 off diagnostic charges for the wiper linkage for the inconvenience (linkage replacement was covered under the dealers own used car warranty and paid for by them but diagnostic fees are usually excluded and need to be paid for by customer)

Well I called Renault and had a long (40 min) chat with some guy called Ray, apparently the customer service manager, explained the issues and also explained the heater resistor burning out which the dealer said was wear and tear and cost me £230 to fix, he said the dealer should've called them and they would've made a goodwill contribution of £155 towards it, so he sent me a voucher for that amount to spend at any Renault dealer on anything I want. Service, repairs, tyres, parts or accessories.

Service manager at the dealers also refunded us £72 off diagnostic charges for the wiper linkage for the inconvenience (linkage replacement was covered under the dealers own used car warranty and paid for by them but diagnostic fees are usually excluded and need to be paid for by customer)

they pulled your pants down on the diagnosis costs...easy money for them!!!

They said that a request to Enterprise means they can't supply until Monday morning...that's strange, I work for Enterprise and at the very latest it would be by mid morning on the Saturday!

Write them a letter asking for all the cost you have incurred refunded! All they can say is no!

i am currently in the process of doing a similar thing but its running into the thousands and will most probably end up in court!