Cold weather = knocking noise

Hi,
Now the temperatures are getting down, I hear a noise when I lift of the gas at low speed. Mosty in traffic jams.
Last year i had the same issue, but dissapears in the spring when temperature rises.

Anybody had the same problem?

Regards,

Kevin

Check the top stabiliser too, they are a common failure. Grab it and pull it about, you'll soon see if it's knackered.

If it was the gearbox mount, you 'd hear (and feel it) both in hot and cold weather. If you only hear a clunk from the front right part of the car when clutching, 99% its the top stabiliser bar, even replacing it will result in some noise when the engine is cold (i.e. if it doesn't make a loud bang don't replace it)

If it was the gearbox mount, you 'd hear (and feel it) both in hot and cold weather. If you only hear a clunk from the front right part of the car when clutching, 99% its the top stabiliser bar, even replacing it will result in some noise when the engine is cold (i.e. if it doesn't make a loud bang don't replace it)

It's not a loud bang, and only below 3 degrees. I will ignore it ;-)

I tried to get the bushes to start with, but the only part i could get was the whole bracket which was £50 from motor factors place and pretty easy to replace.

I had the same thing..gearbox mount..i replaced top engine mount at the same time and this noice was gone.
Now I have another problem - when the car is cold something bangs slightly when the weight is thrown from side to side on bad roads. After a mile or two it is no longer present.