Cold Air Induction?????

I have a V6 airbox without any air induction to the airbox. I'm just wondering whether there is any mileage in trying to get air to box? Not convinced that the standard setup air induction is that great anyway????

I have a V6 airbox without any air induction to the airbox. I'm just wondering whether there is any mileage in trying to get air to box? Not convinced that the standard setup air induction is that great anyway????

It's enough, but I've managed to use an aluminium hose as an air induction. It goes from the front lower grill to the V6 airbox.

250720101039.jpg

250720101040.jpg

250720101042.jpg

Does it help? It sure doesn't hurt but I think there's no need for extra cool air (but it sets my mind at ease :smiley:) - I got bhp without this mod.

Any of you boys got photos with the airbox fitted in the engine bay? Would be nice to see it, any where is your batterys locatedv

Cold air is denser, higher O2 content. That's oxygen, not the telecomms provider.

More O2, generally means more power. But there's variables and such, it's more noticeable on cars with BOOOST.

Cold air is denser, higher O2 content. That's oxygen, not the telecomms provider.

More O2, generally means more power. But there's variables and such, it's more noticeable on cars with BOOOST.

Standard set-up induction isn't great for CAI?????

It's not bad I don't think. Woody was still using the OEM setup and was managing ~230BHP so...

It has a good cold feed form the grill and plastic is a bad thermoconducter, so the piping and the box won't really get hot enough to heat the air going through it by too much. In theory. Don't get me wrong, it being so close to the engine will heat the plastic and the air slightly, but if you think how fast the air is travelling along the pipe and into the airbox at road speeds and it's only travelling a short distance. It seems pretty efficient. There's also that secondary trumpet inlet on the OEM setup.

For what it's worth, the airbox on the 197 stays a lot cooler than the BMC CDA used to on my 106 Rallye. And there was a LOT more room in that bay.

Not sure if I'm not stating the obvious but here goes ...

Isn't putting the battery in the boot one hell of a job? I'm considering this, but I'm not willing to strip the whole car to be able to do the job.