Coilovers

Who urrently makes kits for the Clio 200?

In the past i have run kw's

A few of my mates have run AST and been very happy with them

Last edited:
The coilover kits for the 197 will fit the 200. Mark_1873 has some ASTs. Expensive but worth it when you see how they have transformed the car.

The tarmac Bilstein set up off the rally cars would be my choice - much better control and can take our crap roads with ease. Comes with uprated ARBs and adjustable topmounts FTW!

The tarmac Bilstein set up off the rally cars would be my choice - much better control and can take our crap roads with ease. Comes with uprated ARBs and adjustable topmounts FTW!

Mike stop talking dirty

This little lot would cost a Bomb from renault.

TWINGO :shout:

Just a change of toe and camber on the rear and some more camber up front to get the best from the tyres. The geo lets it down when you're leaning on it, as it's set up fairly safely... no doubt to stop kids throwing them in hedges.

The suspension IMO is fine, if it was purely a track car, fair enough upgrade... but we're not talking trying to make a battleship go around corners. Could do with tougher ARBs at a push when running sticky tyres because of the extra grip, as you feel it pitch a bit before settling. Also, I don't want to go lower, as anyone who actually knows what bump steer is and isn't wearing their "I've paid £x for my mods and can't see the downsides" rose tinted glasses will admit it makes the car bump steer like a pig.

Last edited:
Just a change of toe and camber on the rear and some more camber up front. The geo lets it down when you're leaning on it as it's set up fairly safely... no doubt to stop kids throwing them in hedges.

The suspension IMO is fine, could do with tougher ARBs at a push when running sticky tyres because of the extra grip, as you feel it pitch a bit before settling. I just don't want to lower it as anyone who actually knows what bump steer is and isn't wearing their "I've paid £x for my mods and can't see the downsides" rose tinted glasses will admit it makes the car bump steer like a pig.

LOL

:smiley:

Look forward to seeing the geo setup working at Oulton you can tell me all about it just before we get to level 7 :uk:

Ahh, we'll see - it's about doing the best with what it has rather than throwing money and mods at it.

Plus I'm not travelling all the way to tracks/the Ring in something that rides like a smacked arse just to be a few seconds quicker and few grand out of pocket for the benefit. Maybe if it behaves and is worth keeping at the end, I'll buy something else and go silly with it.

Level 7 is on. Rumour has it there's a Level 8 if you venture to the other side of the Mersey...

Last edited:
Ahh, we'll see - it's about doing the best with what it has rather than throwing money and mods at it.

Plus I'm not travelling all the way to tracks/the Ring in something that rides like a smacked arse just to be a few seconds quicker and few grand out of pocket for the benefit. Maybe if it behaves and is worth keeping at the end, I'll buy something else and go silly with it.

Level 7 is on. Rumour has it there's a Level 8 if you venture to the other side of the Mersey...

I see what you are saying 100% I just think it feels soft on track but maybe as you say that is the grip of the A048's

Level 8 your riding solo

Hmm - I reckon bars before compromising ride.

Solo? Where's your sense of adventure man? You not seen Hollyoaks??

EDIT: Hang on, I haven't seen it for years but some dudes were kissing the other day in an ad. I DON'T mean that kind of Level 8, just to clear things up!

Hmm - I reckon bars before compromising ride.

Solo? Where's your sense of adventure man? You not seen Hollyoaks??

EDIT: Hang on, I haven't seen it for years but some dudes were kissing the other day in an ad. I DON'T mean that kind of Level 8, just to clear things up!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: