coilovers....are they really that good???

I need to change my front shocks so thinking might just get some coilovers. Simple question, are they worth the £800+ just for the occasional spirited drive???

Occasional? :wink:

IMO yes. But then I've spent the money!

That said I got a sneaky suspicion others might agree :wink:

Maybe, I've not got them and on the road I've never thought they're needed there.
On the track however even the 200 + cup pack is verging on being a bit too soft.

I think they're worth it if you'd get the use out of them, but don't let me put you off :tongueout:

You have to remember there is always going to be some compromise by Renault on the Clio stiffness. It has to be used everyday by the majority of people not on track so it is always going to be softer than a race car.

I think coilovers are good if you want a more focused set up, but the likes of kw are still a compromise between road and track. Best bet will be Ohlins or AST etc. but that is serious £££. As ever it is personal preference and nicer :smile:

I suppose it also depends on the cost of the Renault shocks too.

As said kw is a compromise. I guess that's why I chose them! A sporty drive with good road surface damping.

I suppose it also depends on the cost of the Renault shocks too.[/QUOTE]

Renault cup shocks are only £60 each!!!!!

You have to remember there is always going to be some compromise by Renault on the Clio stiffness. It has to be used everyday by the majority of people not on track so it is always going to be softer than a race car.

I think coilovers are good if you want a more focused set up, but the likes of kw are still a compromise between road and track. Best bet will be Ohlins or AST etc. but that is serious £££. As ever it is personal preference and nicer :smile:

I suppose it also depends on the cost of the Renault shocks too.

Do ohlins do a kit for these? i'd looked but could not find a listing.

If going for the Cup shocks, you have to change the springs too. They're not the same...they're stiffer and lower than stock.

I would (did) go for KW V3.

id say no, iv had coilovers on my mk1 gti was really stiff ride. if ur not going on track much id not change to it, another thing to think about is car makers spend millions on developing the car set up, and what works best.

Kw and only kw for the money and quality. Ppl without coilovers shouldn't really comment as they really don't understand the benefits and difference it makes to the 197/200