Coalition Government

As well as pricing people out of motoring (I know this is past governments as well as the current) the current goverment has decided the best way to pay back national debt is to increase foreign aid to other countries by 35%. In addition to this in May immigrants from 8 new countries will be able to claim UK benefits legally totalling an additional tens of millions. Don't get me wrong I'm as much for helping as the next person but does this make anyone else really angry when the government can't afford to keep it's only countries head above water and when they're laying people off left right and centre?! Lets hear it for the UK :uk::uk::angry:

totally agree mate.i have a few mates about to loose there jobs and loose most of what they have worked for the last 25-30 yrs and cant claim for nothing but these people come into this country get free money,free houses,free health care,free everything and what have they contributed Jack Shiiit.sod them off:uk:

I don't feel so controversial now, haha. I worked for six years got made redundant during the recession...luckily managed to find a job because the government think all I need to live on is £200 a month? I work for my county council but we're okay (at the moment) due to the weird way my Business Unit is funded but that's not to say knock on effects won't follow!

Most BU's aren't but we are self funded and actually put a little money back into the council so fingers crossed. But things like the above aren't helping with the state the countries already in...It's out money and we don't get a say in what they do with it...

"foreign aid" would be the first thing i would cut - you need to make sure your own house is in order before dabbling in others

and as for foreign wars in other countries - whats that costing us in lives !!!

tony blair is making millions while our boys die !

...I thought I was quite layed back, but the current government are making me mad and quite depressed.....I am a planner and that Pickles t**t has made my job very difficult and my understanding of my own professional field is in tatters....on top of that, I work in Local Government so nothing is certain....I am seriously thinking about moving away from my profession but to what....no jobs anywhere....grind grind grumble......then I drive home in the 200 and it's all smiles......

then I drive home in the 200 and it's all smiles......

At least we all have something to look forward to at the end of the day :smile:...until we pull up at the pump and notice they've added another 5p on to support they're second homes and throw abroad...:/

I can't stand the way they fund things like foreign aid and benefits for immigrants, its a complete waste of money. I think fair enough, foreign aid does have its time and place (E.g after natural disasters) but they need to concentrate on England first....it's our money!

I can't stand the way they fund things like foreign aid and benefits for immigrants, its a complete waste of money. I think fair enough, foreign aid does have its time and place (E.g after natural disasters) but they need to concentrate on England first....it's our money!

like you said its our money - but its getting doubled to help them out - but just look at the families over here and the loss of jobs and cuts being made......stinks to be honest and then they wonder why the bmp do so well in elections!!!

Dont forget about us in Northern Ireland... or scotland and wales for that matter... we're all in it together!

I know it might get a few peoples backs up, but I dont really mind...

I would be cutting off all external support that we currently fork out. At least until we are back on our feet.

I will be honest, I think the coalition is doing a good job of putting their differences aside and putting a plan in place to sort the country out. I dont think they have good as far as they need to do though i.e. cuts to public services; NHS, prisons, public transport etc. They are all blackholes that money pours into just to keep afloat. The amount of waste in each of them is unbelievable and wouldn't happen in a privately run company. Same applies for road maintenance. As I say I think there is a lot more that can be done and needs to be before too long.

Too little too late.

This country will take decades to sort out.

Within 2-3 years, hopefully, I'll be out of this dump, to a half decent country that respects people and is chav free :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Webby General Chat 1