Clutch Switch Clicking

Buddyboy

Platinum Member
Got the car booked in for Recaro clicking every time I hit a bump also the clutch clicks every time it's pressed pretty sure it's the switch . Would these be covered under warranty as I think I read on here somewhere that they were updated.

Got the car booked in for Recaro clicking every time I hit a bump also the clutch clicks every time it's pressed pretty sure it's the switch . Would these be covered under warranty as I think I read on here somewhere that they were updated.

My clutch pedal does the same! The noise stops for a few days after a squirt of WD-40 but it soon comes back!! :huh:

My Recaro clicked on every left hand bend, took it to Renault and they tightened the seat bolts (according to the mechanic anyway) and it stopped clicking. The clutch clicking is very common.

Let me know how you get on with the Recaro clicking. I sent mine in to have this sorted, they tightened the bolts and re-greased a few bit but it still does it. Drives me mad!

Clutch click is a simple fix. if you have a look at the clutch switch and press the clutch peddle with your hand, you will quickly notice the plastic lever that causes the click noise.
I wrapped a small piece of felt around the plastic lever and click noise was gone. The felt then fell off months later and the click returned. Replaced the felt and click is now gone for good. Tricky part is being able to see and use your hands under there. Im 5'7 and had to do it upside down.

This Click you hear at the Clutch pedal is the sensor which deactivates your Cruise Control when hitting the Clutch. So messing around with this would... not be wise.
You can adjust it to click a bit later but generally i would say: keep your foot of the pedal and at the footrest where it belongs when youre not shifting. Sounds stupid, but fact :wink:

It's going in on Monday but like everything as soon as it gets near the time the faults aren't happening as much lol