Clutch bleeding during service?

stuey

Gold Member
Hi chaps, my 200 is going in for its 48 month service on Friday (not looking forward to it) and a brake fluid change is due. I will ask but I would guess they will have to bleed the new fluid through the clutch system too?

They wont have to, its quite possible to bleed brakes leaving the clutch fluid untouched. Might want to ask them to do it rather than leave it to chance.

Ok thanks guys. I know they would not need to do it because of the brakes being done, I thought they shared the fluid reservoir. If the fluid in the brakes needs changing, then why not the clutch fluid?

Ok thanks guys. I know they would not need to do it because of the brakes being done, I thought they shared the fluid reservoir. If the fluid in the brakes needs changing, then why not the clutch fluid?

they do share the same supply

but the clutch fluid doesn't operate under the same harsh conditions that the brake fluid does

I guess so, any heat that transfers into the fluid is nearer the calipers and it isnt a circuit that flows round like coolant. Thanks Foxy :smile:

I've lost my clutch on a track day before...............

:lol:

So have I. Right after a brake fluid change too. Air got into the system

Lost all clutch pedal at 110mph at Cadwell Park

That's reassuring...lol.

was going to have my fluid changed before my track time next week. There's nothing wrong with them now, but it was for safe measure lol. Sounds like its more of a risk to do a full flush just before a track day lol

That's reassuring...lol.

was going to have my fluid changed before my track time next week. There's nothing wrong with them now, but it was for safe measure lol. Sounds like its more of a risk to do a full flush just before a track day lol
I'm in the same position, got Abingdon in two weeks and bought some ATE Superblue fluid, should be ok with a good pressure bleed though.

That's reassuring...lol.

I'm in the same position, got Abingdon in two weeks and bought some ATE Superblue fluid, should be ok with a good pressure bleed though.

All that happened is there is no pressure and goes to the floor, i cooled down and it was fine till i went out again.

I cooled it down for longer and it was fine after that.

It was 30c that day.

I have done Abingdon several times. Quite suited to the Clio as its not a mega power track. Enjoy your day 'jealous'