Clubsport 250 Cup

So Cliosport Festival at Anglesey this weekend just gone. Weather was fantastic, and the track was basically deserted the whole day.

Was an expensive one in terms of fuel and tyres though….

IMG_8325.jpeg

2 days over here, and 1 day at the ring they’ve done :tired:
Now I’m faced with spending 1300 quid on replacement A052’s, 1200 on Direzzas, or 1300 quid on another set of 18” Protracks and used slicks….. can’t make my mind up what to do.

IMG_8309.jpeg

Was a bit disappointed that despite the size of the track and the power of the Megane, I still couldn’t gap Ben and Simmo over a whole lap. They absolutely ruined me under braking and through the slower corners. The faster corners I felt like I was matching their pace. I am contributing this to the fact they were on slicks, but definitely running out of excuses now!

I did a gay little reel thing too which seem to be plastered all over IG nowadays

Simmo had a little whoopsie too.

IMG_8324.jpeg

I’ve been watching the videos on socials and yeah you’re not clearing away like I thought you would. Interesting

How did you find the A052s while they lasted? From what I've read they're the fastest semi slick out there, just don't last very long!

I’ve been watching the videos on socials and yeah you’re not clearing away like I thought you would. Interesting
Interesting…… nah I think the word is pathetic

I thought that £800 was expensive for a set of tyres!
You and me both :laughing:

How did you find the A052s while they lasted? From what I've read they're the fastest semi slick out there, just don't last very long!
They’re fantastic. Literally drive straight out the pits and they’re switched on immediately. They’re very similar to AR1 in that respect, but don’t drop off like they do.

I’d buy MRF, but they don’t do the width I want in 17”

Hahaha. That is a bit of a difference. But I’m probably 30-50bhp/tonne on them boys.

I had a good enough excuse at Blyton I think. But absolutely none at Anglesey.

Gonna be fun at Oulton when I’m holding everyone up :laughing:

As I've said elsewhere mate them two in the Clios were in a different league, saw the lad in the blue one committing to some seriously devious line choices.

As I've said elsewhere mate them two in the Clios were in a different league, saw the lad in the blue one committing to some seriously devious line choices.
haha, the problem being..... is i'd of been amongst it in my old clio, doing the exact same silliness :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I’m sharp running out of excuses. Very much doubt the slicks will be coming out either.

You bringing the Megane up aswell?

Not really much to report after Oulton given most of you were there.

Looked like a proper grim day on the report, but it was actually alright in the morning. Just before dinner I was half tempted to put the semis on, but glad I didn’t, as it absolutely bucketed down.

IMG_8651.jpeg

I’ve done Oulton quite a few times, but I think they’ve resurfaced a lot of it since I was last there (this meant the first session was a bit of a learning experience)
It’s also one of those tracks which does actually provide a decent amount of grip in the wet - moreso in the proper full wet, vs when the track is drying (as it seems to go greasy).

There wasn’t a great deal on track which was up for a play with the exception of Ben and Simmo. Thankfully this time, I actually managed to stay infront of the pair of them.

View attachment 53201373943_a825243a4d_o.jpeg

View attachment 53201260080_a224baf525_o.jpeg

View attachment 53201365153_3cc51af012_o.jpeg

The laps after dinner were pretty lonely, but were cut short very quickly. I’d noticed there was a noise under braking, which I obviously chose to ignore. Upon returning to the pits, my mate noticed the state of my rear disc.
Pads completely none existent. They’ve only done 2 days and the ring prior to Oulton, so they’re either a wank material, or the used replacement callipers I used are seized up slightly.

IMG_8653.jpeg

Loaded up, ready for home

IMG_8652.jpeg

So it’s been a while.

Spent a good amount of time considering what pads to go with, but ended up stumping up the ridiculous cost of Winmax W3’s. Ordered November and they didn’t end up arriving until the start of January. No real bother, as I’ve had absolutely zero motivation to do anything cars anyhow.

Of course, not doing things by halves, I’ve also had a set of refurbished callipers from Max at MS, and thought I’d try a set of Delphi discs.

IMG_0106.jpeg

IMG_0109.jpeg

Had to strip the wet tyres off my 2nd set of TDs as they’re leaking and I’m getting bored of pumping them up.
Chucked the slicks on so that the cars mobile. Feel like there’s definitely going to be some clearance issues.

IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0110.jpeg