Clubsport 250 Cup

If you cast your minds back, I replaced both driveshafts on the car shortly after buying it. Almost instantly, the new (genuine) drivers side shaft started to spew grease everywhere.
With a trackday coming up, I refitted the old shaft which didn’t actually need replacing in the first place - I just like doing everything in pairs. Fast forward to MOT time this February gone and the old shaft finally failed.

AUTODOC had sorted me a replacement out free of charge, so today I set about replacing it for the 3rd time.

IMG_0804.jpeg

IMG_0805.jpeg

The outer boot had lost its clip, but there was no grease anywhere, so presume this must have failed previously.

My air filter was in desperate need for a change too.

IMG_0810.jpeg

IMG_0811.jpeg

Gave the Protracks a scrub, and got the car loaded up for tomorrow. It’s gonna be an early start!

IMG_0816.jpeg

IMG_0813.jpeg

IMG_0815.jpeg

So Cadwell. Not really much to say as most of you were all there.

Early start for me and Ben

IMG_0819.jpeg

IMG_0820.jpeg

Plenty of company too. @Helpimonfire and @Beany with their freshly prepared Trackbaguettes special builds - though Martin’s suffered a questionable noise half way through the day. @burrellbloke and @EthanMenace made the journey up, still adamant that they don’t need a tow car and trailer, and the clio197 relic @R20BTG and his pal @s88thy with his new acquisition.

My first time at Cadwell in the Megane. Felt a little anxious to be honest. Had a couple of tentative sessions on the A052’s, of course with Ben pushing me along.
Finally found a little bravery and fitted the slicks. Wasn’t too impressed with these, but never really got them hot enough I think. Their time was called short pretty quickly, having rubbed the arches and beginning to delaminate.

IMG_0824.jpeg

One thing the slicks did identify, is the suspension just seems way too soft for them. By comparison, the car feels absolutely mega on A052’s, and that’s what I spent the rest of the day on.

Had some mega laps chasing and leading @tombate911 with his E46. You’ve no doubt seen that video also.

Was happy to see that Rob Baxter in attendance with the Javelin crew, but it appears he spent all day taking pics of the Audi Quattro.

View attachment 53643178150_02ec866c8b_o.jpeg

View attachment 53642923243_582a53861a_o.jpeg

Ben had a pretty crap day. We broke for dinner and the car decided to break whilst parked up.
This is the second time he’s had a genuine clutch cover fail now, and the 4th time he’s had clutch issues. He got home and stripped it down pretty quickly, only to be greeted with the following:

IMG_0961.jpeg

Also gave the car a once over Saturday just gone.
Driveshafts all intact this time, A052’s will survive the trip to Germany, but a bit of play in the swivels on the N/S. Absolutely no way I can be arsed to sort them before I go, so like Martin, it can be something for future Nathan to sort.

Spent a good while Sunday cleaning it - the first time I’ve done it properly since buying it (laziness)

IMG_0951.jpeg

IMG_0953.jpeg

IMG_0959.jpeg

Looks good when it's clean! Watching the onboards from Tom's E46 shows how planted the Meg is, really does look to be the full package.

Reactions: RSRowe
It really was no drama at Cadwell with the exception of a couple of sideways moments - nothing lairy though.

Looking forward to the ring now!

Reactions: Beany