Clio gone... 250 bought

Well my 56 plate Albi Blue 197 is going on Saturday :worried: I have had it nearly 2 and a half years, but fancied a change. I didn't want to lose too much of the handling side of things, and wanted a turbo, so a Megane made perfect sense.

IMG_1598.jpg

This is the replacement, I am very excited :smiley:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...740009/keywords/250/postcode/da13lu?logcode=p

Megane 250 - 61 plate 25/10/11 registered, so 18 months old
- 7000 miles
- Oyster Grey
- Full Fat with Cup Chassis/LSD
- 19" wheels (marmite with people but I really like them)
- Full leather Recaros

I wanted to make sure with this one it had nearly every single option, and that colour, so it has taken a while to find! The only thing missing is the RS Monitor. However, there are rumours it can be retrofitted if the part is bought and programmed in with the renault clip tool. Supposedly some guys have done it on their Twingos.
megane250.jpg

I ended up getting it for £15,750 which I think is a bargain. Didn't get much for my trade in, but saved the ball ache of having to sell it privately.

I will still hang around on here, everyone has always been so friendly and helpful, and it seems there an an influx of 197/200 owners swapping to meganes! Think we need our own section :wink:

Cheers, Josh

Last edited:
Awesome upgrade!

And on twingo133.net there is a thread regarding retrofitting the rs monitor with success I can only assume it'd be same kind of process to do it to the meggy

Dammit this is the one in Swindon .. I called about it the other day to find out it had already sold :worried:

Did you call on Monday? I got there at 10.30am and he said someone was on the phone and it was up to me. I still haggled and got it for £15,750 but it's a lot of car for the money!

Did you call on Monday? I got there at 10.30am and he said someone was on the phone and it was up to me. I still haggled and got it for £15,750 but it's a lot of car for the money!

Yup, that'd be me! . Really good deal you got. I'd have been up for paying the asking prIce.

Yup, that'd be me! . Really good deal you got. I'd have been up for paying the asking prIce.

I'd have taken the asking price too, but can't not haggle :wink: they also didn't give a lot for the clio so it evened itself out really. I looked on pistonheads and autotrader every day for the last 2/3 months and this came up on Saturday, rung up Sunday and bought Monday morning

Congratz mate!

looks absolutely stunning, that grey is my favourite too! Might be back in the market for the springs soon haha, just anyway on business in grimsby atmmm :worried:

I'd have taken the asking price too, but can't not haggle :wink: they also didn't give a lot for the clio so it evened itself out really. I looked on pistonheads and autotrader every day for the last 2/3 months and this came up on Saturday, rung up Sunday and bought Monday morning

I've only really started looking on the last few weeks. Still a bit unsure a meg is what I'll go for. Let us know what you think once youve had a bit of time

Nice example there, seems to be well specced. Meg prices dont appear to be falling at the rate id have expected either, had mine for 1yr now and ended up paying £16k for a 1yr old example at the time. Makes a nice change for a Renault for once :smile:

Hi Mitch I've had mine around 3weeks I was not 100% sure until I drove it at Spa it just came alive and now just love it plus better mpg around town 32.5mpg on the run to the ring 47mpg at 68mph hope this helps kevin

I really want to upgrade. But...

#1 its a renault and ive nothing but trouble with mine and local dealers.

#2 the idea of £300 in my pocket a month is too tempting.

But then again i fricking love them!

Hi Mitch I've had mine around 3weeks I was not 100% sure until I drove it at Spa it just came alive and now just love it plus better mpg around town 32.5mpg on the run to the ring 47mpg at 68mph hope this helps kevin

That does help.. thanks.. i'll keep looking