Clio car cover, HELP!

-Eddie-

Missing In Action
I’m heading to Canada in the middle of October for 3 months, I have already arranged for indoor storage for my car during this time. Where the car is being kept is a working environment and can be quite dusty so I am looking at a car cover to help protect it during this time.

Can anyone recommend a car cover? Some are very expensive, but it doesn’t need to be top of the range as the car won’t be kept outdoors (subjected to snow, ice etc...)

ask karl, im pretty sure he sourced a place to do a cover for his twingo and for clios aswell

Getting a good synthetic sealant like Wolfs Hard Body or Concours Car Care Cermishield would be a better bet in my books. Car covers are awful things and rub on every edge they touch and damage the paint no matter how well they fit. If it were possible one of those 4 sided gazebos would be better as you can keep the dust off the car but it doesn't touch the paint, just be sure to seal all the edges with something like duct tape. They're fairly cheap too. That combined with a good wax or sealant should see you right.

Eddie just be careful mate

see here:

http://passionford.com/forum/pictur...500-car-cover-water-damage-to-paint-help.html

and

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=189652

That was just a simple Google..

I'd say if its inside storage get the car well waxed several times and when you get home just hose the car off.. Any dust should come off. I've some dodo juice if you want to use it your more than welcome - I'm off all week and more than happy to meet somewhere and you can take it off my hands for free as I don't use it any more its purple haze not the best for you're car colour but it'll do the job

If you go ahead and get one I'd be interested in knowing how it turns out! If you want that wax drop me a PM sure.

The pics etc in the links aren't loading up as i'm in work, Adam. Wil check out once I get home though, thanks! Very kind to offer your Dodo Juice - I may be in touch :smile:

Mate of mine had a very rare motorbike and did similar he just covered his in a thin layer of Vaseline

It raised an eyebrow i can tell you but 7 months later it washed off with not a single mark on his pride and joy