Clio 200 vs R26

Yo guy's,

Realise ive only just posted a comparison thread for the clio 200. But i noticed on the site that a few of you have changed in your 197's for R26's.

Im thinking i should go test drive the R26 as well now. How does it stack up against the 197/200?

It's turbo so it will always have the straight line speed but the Clio 200 is an awesome high revving pocket rocket! And in my opinion it's more chuckable and more fun to throw down a country lane

i had a race from 70 start on a Mway 2 weeks back with a R26 and he left me at 125

think im in a good position to comment here having swapped from an R27 to R26.

firstly and the most obvious thing is the extra power which is what actually made me make the swap, its just as fun revving the nuts of the clio, its more accessible, more usable and does put a smile on your face, the R26 in 3rd gear is stunning and id challege anybody who has made the move to say they dont now love the boost! You very quickly get upto silly speeds without realising it!

Steering for me isnt as direct as R27 but i havent really chucked it about due to waiting for new tyres, it certainly aint no slouch thought the corners and i do think it will be better than the clio when i finally get a chance to push on especially as having the LSD!. As people have said it isnt as chuckable as the clio but its not a bad thing IMO it does feel more settled and doesnt hop and jump around as much as my clio did.

either car is awesome, and i sometimes really miss the R27 but having the xtra ooppphh really does appeal to me and its worth testing a R26 before getting a clio!

....serious lisence killing activity......

tell that to the r26 driver that was pulling away at these speeds lol + i am a training police officer so i have to make the most of it.

hmmm yer think ur right, gunna just test both n see... only pulled away at 125though, tbh, having fun in the bends u rarely see the naughty side of 120 anyway.

hmmm yer think ur right, gunna just test both n see... only pulled away at 125though, tbh, having fun in the bends u rarely see the naughty side of 120 anyway.

True that! I think the Clio is much better for me (im 19) I think the megane would be abit big for me, maybe when I'm about 22/23 I will look at the 225 or the r26 because they will be so cheap to buy