Clio 200 Sub Wiring

i did this about a week ago! it was a right faff compared to my fiesta but in the end managed it. bare in mind that mine is a 197. i took the airbox out first and then the battery, and right behind there is a great big grommet where most of the wire goes through, that comes out right above the passenger footwell, it took a while but cut a slit with a stanley knife and keep trying to put a screwdriver through. eventually youll get it and if you kept the hole small enough it'll still be sealed. hope this helps, took me ages to work the best place out, and as a bonus the cable comes through right by the battery and not near anything hot.

Depends entirely on how you set it up, I could quite easily set up a sub so you could barely hear it.

and then the point in having a sub is.........?

look, by no means am i an audio expert, nor did i tell him what to do with his money. no i didnt know how to find the power cable, but my opinion is he'll get an equally good sound from upgrading the standard speakers, and keepin the car OEM looking, and then he wont have to go around tampering with power cables an ****.
ive also found, a car is a too small area to have a massive sub woofer and a load of speakers.

and then the point in having a sub is.........?

I was just making a point to whoever said subwoofers are overpowering and you can't hear the music.

look, by no means am i an audio expert, nor did i tell him what to do with his money. no i didnt know how to find the power cable, but my opinion is he'll get an equally good sound from upgrading the standard speakers, and keepin the car OEM looking, and then he wont have to go around tampering with power cables an ****.
ive also found, a car is a too small area to have a massive sub woofer and a load of speakers.

There's no doubt that a properly setup subwoofer is an improvement to any stereo. A stereo without a subwoofer will never be equal to one with a subwoofer.

Normal 13cm door speakers won't play anything under about 80Hz, and even the 80Hz to 150Hz range will be fairly quiet. Upgrade to some 17cm speakers and you'll be able to hear down to about 60Hz, if you're lucky.

The human ear can hear down to 20Hz and some tracks will have those frequencies in them, but more realistically a lot of tracks will have frequencies around 40-50Hz. You need a subwoofer to be able to hear these frequencies and also to boost the 80Hz+ range that is weak on the standard speakers.

I take it that you have never heard a proper sound quality orientated car stereo, it's phenomenal and you can't even tell there is a subwoofer due to the integration achievable by someone who knows what they're doing

As Ben has said subwoofer's make a big difference, with out them music can sound flat and lack that little extra that you might not notice if you have never had a sub.

If it was me and you have the money I would get a audio place to do the install for you as I can imaging its a bit of a nightmare job.

Sub and amp a maximum of an extra 12KG or so, if that. The difference between an empty and full tank of fuel is probably around 50KG! And an each additional passenger about 70KG...any harm to the performance is unnoitcable. I've finally found somewhere to run the cable: There's a piece of foam on the passenger side of the engine bay with two rubber (look like coolant) pipes running through even after a good leg stretching I can still hold these pipes without burning myself so no reason to worry about the power cable. I have fed it down the side of this once I had found this it took me ten minutes to feed the cable through and another 90 minutes to wire the rest up including taking a feed off the rear speakers so now have the Rainbow Hammer back in and to be honest sounds perfect on the standard HU, compliments the music great as it's a quality brand of subwoofer. More of a "musical" sound than a fart from the boot. Still loud when required but more about the sound quality :smile:. It's very nice to have an interior and AUDIO forum when asking and audio question you get responses that the Clio shouldn't have additional audio. Maybe just rename this forum to the interior (not audio) section :wink:...haha

Last edited: