Clio 200 Sub Wiring

Alright guys tried to put my rainbow hammer into the 200 earlier but can't find a hole to run the power through to the drivers compartment. I tried for the one behind the manifold heat shield that's been mentioned on here but unfortunately this doesn't seem to exist on the 200 I need a space big enough for 4awg has anyone done this without drilling and how? thanks in advance guys.

ive just upgraded the standard speakers in the doors etc and i can honestly say its the best sounding system ive had in any of my cars.
Id spend the money on that instead mate.

I have already built my tidy little boot install, so was hoping someone could give me some guidance on getting the power cable through in the 200.

Is there any need???

Max power was so 1999

Keep the clio as light as poss rag the arse off it and abuse it get it on a track not Mc D's car park.

It's not about loud it's about sound quality, I want to amp my door and rear speakers. The false floor hides the amp and keeps my boot clear of cables. I didnt buy my 200 so I could be a wannabe Lewis Hamilton.

Last edited:
It's not about loud it's about sound quality, I didnt buy my 200 so I could be a wannabe Lewis Hamilton.

an the sound quality will be ****e cuz itll all be comin from the boot, and youll have a fast car thatll you make slower. one of the factors that lets the cliosport down is weight and your adding aload more.

I upgraded the tweeters, door speakers and rear speakers for about £160, even at max volume there is no rattles, vibration or distortion, don't add weight just for the sake of having a sub....unless you're 17?

It's not about loud it's about sound quality, I want to amp my door and rear speakers. The false floor hides the amp and keeps my boot clear of cables. I didnt buy my 200 so I could be a wannabe Lewis Hamilton.

That good then.

Nova's are cheap! :lol:

I have already built my tidy little boot install, so was hoping someone could give me some guidance on getting the power cable through in the 200.

thats what you put, which is why i said u was addin weight etc.

like said, just upgrade the standard system, save money, save weight and save yourself a load of bother.
end of day its your car an u asked for advice, which is what ur gettin pal

thats what you put, which is why i said u was addin weight etc.

like said, just upgrade the standard system, save money, save weight and save yourself a load of bother.
end of day its your car an u asked for advice, which is what ur gettin pal

Im with you

Save your money or spend it on lap dancing

Some people want a great sounding system, there's nothing wrong with that. I had an amazing stereo in my old car and really miss it, a good quality system makes your car a much nicer place to be.

And to those people saying subwoofers are 1999 max power, you NEED a subwoofer to give a truly quality sound, you will never reproduce the low frequencies found in some tracks without a subwoofer. Just because you have a subwoofer doesn't mean you have to have it turned up really loud and come across as a complete ****.

I'm sorry I can't help with the original question but I would look behind the glovebox for a gromit as that's the normal route for bringing a power cable into the car. Failing that maybe ask the people who have relocated their batteries for some guidance

Jesus, the guy asked for advise with routing the cable, not wether he should / shouldn't do it. I'd be interested in this, as I have a small underwear alpine sub I'll be installing soon.

Does the 200 not have a gromit for the bonnet release? Thats what I used on the old 172.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol @ subs. . . . . they make the bass too loud and it drowns the rest of the music out. . . . .

IMO there shudnt be a radio in the car lmfao. just to hear the exhaust sound :smile:

roy is right. answers to the question or nothing at all

if you want to talk about weight/ sound quality then post a new thread