Clio 200 RS monitor to Clio 197?

I'm wondering if the sensors & software for the RS monitor are the same in the 197.

So there might be only a matter of buying the RS monitor and plugging it in?

Or am I getting it too trivial.

EDIT: Was searching the forum:

The only useful thing on the RS monitor is the oil temp reading... get an oil temp gauge instead, an iphone app or ODBII reader (Scangauge for example) IMO.

Rich

There is an oil temperature sensor on the Clio?

I presume if there's one than it's on the Clio 200 and not on Clio 197.

Last edited:
no rene, don't exist! not in 197 and not in 200!

the rs monitor show a temperature calculated, not real temperature!

i don't know how but a renault man tell us this info

no rene, don't exist! not in 197 and not in 200!

the rs monitor show a temperature calculated, not real temperature!

i don't know how but a renault man tell us this info

Hahaha...lool - they CALCULATE the temperature? Great.

I really thought that they've installed oil temperature in the 200.

RenFault - lol. :smiley:

EDIT: thank you all for the info.

Ok i asked 2min ago to renault sport expert on renaultsport.co. Uk.

I ask this:

"Hi, can you tell us how clio 200 with rs monitor show the oil temperature?
There is a sensor? Where? I read that oil temperature that rs monitor show is a calculation between some values, like water temperature and another value.
If you can explain please!
Thanks Simone"

LOL!

Bloody RenFault - they couldn't put an oil sensor - instead they had the software "calculate" the oil temperature. :smiley:

I calculate my oil temperatur with my mind... It is better? Ahahahh

We can ask also how the rs monitor calculate the g force.. With g accelerometer or a calculate from wheels speed and wheels pressure?

thats clever then it "guesses" what it is......:rain:

proper cheap way that is :bat:

This is interesting thread, as I was speccing up an RS200 and saw that RS Monitor and thought like most of you they were using sensors to give information think I'll save some money on that as it is only software driven.

Does anyone know what thread pitch the sump plug and Oil pressure switch is on the RS197?

As previous car I fitted both oil temp and pressure gauges and the temp. is definitely worth getting as the oil takes a lot longer to get to operating temp. than what you'd believe by going with water temp. hitting operating temp. and also holds it temperature a lot longer after giving the car a blast.

e.g. old car water would be at op. after 5 mins but oil to hit it's 80'c was 15 minutes then after blasting around it would be at 100-105'c and that took 20 minutes at normal driving to drop back down to 80'.

Was gonna retro fit one of these cause realised that it was never expensive to spec it on the 200 in the first place so guessed it wasn't that complicated. Decided couldn't be bothered......

On checking part of the OBD-II PID's is one known as '5C' now not all manufactures haev to implement all functionality but this one does read oil temp. 40'c to 210'c so I'll try to make some time this afternoon and hook my OT-2 back up and connect laptop see if I can find it

Because if it is there then why RS don't read it but opt. to read other sensors then use some algorithm to work out oil temp. doesn't make sense, So I'm expecting it's not there but worth checking anyway as if it is then all you would need to do is run software either logworks mobile (iPhone) or equivalent Android app and then monitor that PID.

Just hooked it up and no oil temp. which is a shame, but I can get around this by connecting a oil temp. sender either in converted sump plug or T-connector if the OE oil pressure switch is in good location then hook that up to the IM LMA-3 and that in turn then connects to my OT-2 via Serial bus and I can monitor that way.

But for them to work out oil temp the way they do must involve so pretty large tables to work from as with all the variables involved, but ECU ports available to monitor the usual intake temp., engine load, EGT so prob. when engine is being tested in the factory they do hook up a oil temp sender and then record it all so their monitor just cross references a table to give it's readings