Clio 200 changed my life

Hello all, well it's day 6 and I'm a complete convert. I part exchanged a 7 year old Mini Cooper last Monday and picked up an Albi blue 200 (full fat, cup chasis and recaros).

The Mini was a fantastic first car (only learnt to drive last august) but this just leaves it in the dust in every respect. Clearly this thing is a weapon on a B-road but I was equally impressed with its cruising ability on the mototrway too. I do a lot of miles between the south coast and the north east/scotland and was worried about the ride quality on long journeys. Not a problem. How Renaultsport did this I don't know. Hats off to them boys.

Now all I need is a little trip to the lakes...

Welcome to the site mate! Glad you are enjoying the car. I don't envy your fuel bill with that journey, although you won't feel like you have done that many miles!

Make the most of it!

Yeah, it's going to hit my wallet a bit but I try not to think about it too much. Anyway, I much prefer to work in SPG rather than MPG.

Welcome to the site fella, glad your enjoying the car, I do a lot of miles in my car and have no complaints, yes it's rubbish on petrol but like you say it's smiles per miles that count.

Last edited:
Drove my sisters Cooper yesterday, I do like MINI's but compared to a 197 it is noisy on the motorway and rattles around town.

Yeah, it's going to hit my wallet a bit but I try not to think about it too much. Anyway, I much prefer to work in SPG rather than MPG.

Yup me too, however it cost £120 for 420 miles this week, gets a bit expensive lol!!

Drove my sisters Cooper yesterday, I do like MINI's but compared to a 197 it is noisy on the motorway and rattles around town.

Yeah, I never realised how bad it was. Did the best part of 20k miles last year in the Mini, up and down the A1/M1/A34 every weekend. My back and ears took a weekly pounding. I blame run-flats. I also never relaised how poorly damped its was. Still, that's someone elses problem now!