Clio 197 R27 Liquid Yellow

-Eddie-

Missing In Action
After having my heart set on one a 197 for close to a year now, I finally came across this Liquid Yellow R27 197. Took a look round it on Saturday last week, and got the ball rolling with regards to selling my own car [Mk5 Golf].

We reached a deal yesterday and I picked the car up this afternoon. Drove it home from Lisburn and I must say, impressed isn't the word. Coming from a guy who drove a 1.9TDI Golf since passing his test - this thing is a completely different animal. Hit 4k revs - the diesel was dieing. Hit 4k revs in this, and its only beginning to pick up.

Specced almost exactly how I want, xenons would have been nice but they can be bought through time.

The colour is fantastic, and pictures don't really do the car justice. But here they are;

SAM_1713.jpg

SAM_1714.jpg

SAM_1715.jpg

Last edited:
Car looks great mate, im considering getting the front and side skirts, glad iv sin it on a LY, will help me make my mind up :smile:

Looks stunning fella, but turbo would say that....

I like the side skirts, but never been too keen on the splitter if I am honest...

Thanks for the comments guys.

I need to get some better photos taken. I really like the skirts and splitter - those were a must have for me when I was looking to buy the car.

The colour is smashing - really nice when the sun hits it and it brings out the silvery / blue flakes too.

welcome aboard you made a wise choice.
not sure about them graphics though it's not like there's a shortage of them on a R27

Thanks all for the comments.

Still loving the car. Was asked to go on the stand for a car show on Saturday there, I wasn't going to attend right up until the last minute but i'm glad I did go. I surprisingly came 2nd in the French category. Even though it was a VAG show, there was about 15 - 20 French cars there so I am very pleased. Heres one of the pic's from the show below, since then I have polished and waxed the car - as i had no intentions of going to the show until the last minute it only got a quick wash.

IMG_8084.jpg

Guy was looking to build up a portfolio for himself and I had wanted a shoot done on the car... Heres some of them;

IMG_0222.jpg
IMG_0224.jpg
IMG_0247-1.jpg
IMG_0251-1.jpg
IMG_0273-1.jpg
IMG_0260-1.jpg
IMG_0237.jpg
IMG_0240.jpg
IMG_0244.jpg
IMG_0279.jpg
IMG_0283.jpg
IMG_0290.jpg
IMG_0291.jpg
IMG_0295.jpg
IMG_0297.jpg
IMG_0299.jpg
IMG_0321.jpg
IMG_0323.jpg

Comments welcome :smile:

Looks ace mate when where those photos taken?? How was the show? I was asked to go too but with the house etc I've had no time :worried:

Looks ace mate when where those photos taken?? How was the show? I was asked to go too but with the house etc I've had no time :worried:

Cheers dude. Photos were taken last Friday evening. The show was GTINI Castlewellan, was few weeks back now. 2nd year running I've been, was a great show helped by the weather and the fact I got a prize lol.

Thought i'd share a little update.

Since the photos above I have fitted Renault Wind Deflectors and have also bought spacers for front and rear, just need to collect these. Since lowering is out of the question there is only one other visable mod I would like, and that is new headlights. Ones with darker inserts if possible.

Also on my wishlist is one of these; http://www.jam-sport.co.uk/home/ren...apovic-evolution-clio-197-exhaust-system.html

Akra Exhaust. At £1,000 I will need to do a lot of saving. Does anyone know of someone who has one fitted? Are good gains of around 10bhp to be expected? Also does it work better with a remap?

Link isn't working for me, but Noddie off here has a Akra on his 200 and he loves it.

Link isn't working for me, but Noddie off here has a Akra on his 200 and he loves it.

Its the Akra Evolution exhaust system for the 197. Cheers, i'll give him a PM. At £1,000 I don't expect too many to have one lol.

Basically just want to know if its worth the money, not only performance wise, but looks, sound etc