Clio 197 Door Key Barrel

travishumphery

Paid Member
I recently picked up a cheap 197 with a fair bit to do to bring it back to life.

One thing I'd like to sort is the door key barrel so I could open the doors if my keyfob battery ever went flat (or the car's battery went flat).

The key barrel is on the right hand (drivers) side and does nothing. From when I had my 200 a while ago, the key barrel was on the left hand (passenger) side (I'm in Australia with a right hand drive car).

I get the feeling it may have just been thrown back in the wrong side (there is so much wrong with the car it wouldn't surprise me). But before I go taking door cards and handles off etc, can someone with a 197 confirm the key barrel should be on the LHS?

Cheers,
Travis.

If it helps we swapped the doors on one 200 to another and the key barrel was just plug and play. Both 200s had the key barrel on the passenger side.

I think a working key on one side I all that’s expected I have a Japan 200 to work on this week with a standard key I’ll check if there is a lock on each side it will be close to your country spec

Thanks all. I took a quick look behind where it currently is on the RHS and the back of the spindle (a spring loaded shaft with a T piece at the end) has nothing to insert into, which is why nothing is happening when I turn the key! It got too dark but I'll check the LHS in the next couple of days.