Clio 197 Buying Advise?

Hi all, just joined the forum!

In the market for a 197 at the moment, I would be most grateful if anyone could suggest anything to look out for in particular when shopping around, any common faults, or signs of bad things to come.

Is there a buyers guide or anything similar available?

Any advise or words of wisdom would be very much appreciated.

Thanks. Mike.

:welcome: to the club dude.

Things to look out for? The first of the 197s are now 5 years old so should have by now had their 5 year service which is pretty expensive as the belts are due on them.

Another thing would be crunchy gearboxes. Make sure you test drive the one your thinking of buying to ensure the box is good. Test it at normal driving revs then high up the rev range to be sure.

If your buying one with Recaro seats, keep an eye out for worn seat bolsters particularly on the drivers seat.

Welcome to the site mate!!

Hope you find the right one, all the info you should need will probs be on here somewhere :thumbup:

Welcome to the site and good luck with buying. Good time to be buying. 197s are great fun to drive.

Want to buy my Ultra Red 197? I live in Wolverhampton. Not sure where you are from?

Depending on your budget go for the later r27

or at the very least try & buy the best specced car for your money

Recaros, Climate & Xenons are the things to look for....

If your going in with 6/7k I would advise wait until you get to 8 which should secure a nice R27-

Steve

:welcome: from another newbie.

Have a good look around, I saw quite a few dodgy ones before I got mine.

Thanks for the tips guys, they helped alot. Im pleased to say we have purchased a stunning 2008 white 197 with virtually every option available including Recaros, xenons, cup chassis + suspension, climate, black speedlines, tints + more. Also has a full Renault service history.

This weekend gone saw 6 hours spent with a clay bar, polish and wax :smile: It now hurts your eyes to look at in the sun!

Look forward to getting involved on this forum!

Mike