Clio 172 or 182

As the title suggests, which one should i go for?
Which is the more reliable/ has the least common faults with the least parts that would need to be fixed
Anyone had both and could give there opinion that would be great
Thanks

They're the same car, the 182 has two exhaust tips, no spare wheel and a better colour choice.

What do you want the car for?

As long as they've been looked after, regularly serviced and had the belts changed every 5 years/72k they'll run for ages.

Thanks lads, trophy out of my price range though,
Wanting the car for a weekend and night blast mainly, what would you suggest?
Im more towards the 182 due to the twin exhausts
Thanks

If its just for a toy then get a 172cup :smile:

Wider track, lower ride, larger rear spoiler, lighter turini alloys, bit of a POV spec interior but it'll not be your daily so it won't matter. They're quite cheap now as well :smile:

It's the only decent renaultsport clio cup... The rest just got cup chassis, crap interiors and painted wheels.

You can spec a 'full fat' 182 which has the cup suspension/chassis, cup spoiler/splitter as well as the standard 182s refinements of half leather, climate control, xenons etc... But you'll pay a premium for toys you won't use if its a toy

Edit, to throw a spanner in the works, ph1 172s go for sub £1k, look a little more dated, but have a cable throttle so the power is instant

Full Fat 182 for me. That's what I had a few cars back. I know their only toys now but the pov spec of the 172 cup is awful.

I was so tempted to get a racing blue 182 and bank some cash but went for the 197

Yes i had a look at the 172 cups, a lot if them for sale are modified which would put my insurance higher than it already would be! Would like the half leather seats and the xenons though so was looking at the full fat model, have been for the last half year

172s are older than the 182s.

As has been said, 172 cup spec is:zomg::w00t:

Thanks Mike and mentalpen, looks like it will be a ff 182 unless there is a cheaper vgc 172 for sale, will wait and see

172 cup has silly insurance hike just for lack of abs, not worth it.

If it was me with a decent budget I'd go for a FF 182, in liquid yellow if you could get one!

Thanks Ben_r1, if i can find a good ff 182 for £3000 or under il go for it, if not i might just have to wait until one pops up or get the standard 182, there much difference when driving a ff and standard 182, especially round the corners where id guess the main difference would be etc?

Standard 182 has normal suspension I would assume, and full fat thingy with both cup packs has cup suspension, and corners a treat :wink:

You should easily be able to find a decent 182 now for under £3000 :smile:

Thanks all
Mike, your looking at from a 65k+ one for around £3000
Are they still quite reliable at a high ish milage i.e. should you buy one with between 65 and 80k on the clock?