Clicking Differential - 200 RS Cup

Afternoon,

Getting a definite click from the diff when I lift off, it's covered by warranty whatever happens, but is this a common issue? Had it up on a ramp and turning either wheel causes a grating / click in the diff.

Cheers

That sounds like something similiar to what i have .
Lift off at high revs and hearing clikclick especially while doing it on corners(steering wheel turned).
I have quaife diff so it might be different.
* Just remembered i drove my friend's car too which has open diff(oe) and he also had that noise but not that noticeable as mine.

Im on standard diff but have the exact same as you are describing, getting different advice wherever I go, ranging from:

- You are basically driving a bomb waiting to explode

to

- Some diffs are noisy and cheap, others aren't, why are you bothered?

Not a common thing no but possible nevertheless.

My quaife does it and it's going back, never used to but it's now getting worse.

What you mean by going back yiannis?

Im on standard diff but have the exact same as you are describing, getting different advice wherever I go, ranging from:

- You are basically driving a bomb waiting to explode

to

- Some diffs are noisy and cheap, others aren't, why are you bothered?
Well.. cant really tell for sure but If you got warranty i think you Should use it and get a new gearbox under warranty If it bother you that much.(If they will say its from the gb so youll get a new piece)
But worth a try ,they will do their tests and maybe they will find its something else..(which im doubt).
Update us with the new outcome -if youll do something about it .

Last edited:
Garage are struggling to source a diff.

Needs to be original to comply with warranty. Any one have a link to a genuine parts supplier who may be able to help?

Think main dealer will only supply diff and box as one?

What you mean by going back yiannis?

As far as I'm aware Quaife has a lifetime warranty regardless of "owners", I bought it second hand you see. I'm yet to confirm it with them but if they don't honour it I'll definitely kick off a fuss.

@Hassleheff are you trying to buy a new diff? Renault doesn't sell them separately, if it goes they simply ask them to change the gearbox as per Renault's policy.

By the way I've got a second hand diff sitting in my cupboard, 45k miles if you are interested.

As far as I'm aware Quaife has a lifetime warranty regardless of "owners", I bought it second hand you see. I'm yet to confirm it with them but if they don't honour it I'll definitely kick off a fuss.

@Hassleheff are you trying to buy a new diff? Renault doesn't sell them separately, if it goes they simply ask them to change the gearbox as per Renault's policy.

By the way I've got a second hand diff sitting in my cupboard, 45k miles if you are interested.
even if they do sell it separately they would not repair it ,they will replace the gearbox completely(under warranty terms)
btw i just remembered when i drove my mate's car his gearbox just was rebuilted few days before .
so maybe some gearboxes does it and maybe some not,but if you have warranty i would go for a new one i think,just incase.

Gearbox was re-conditioned by main dealer in June 2015... (usual 3rd & 4th grind).

Not going through main dealer, using an independent because of the hassle I had with Renault. Will have to pass this on to garage and see what they say.